This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think we will get ALL Pokemon in the game?

#113121987Posted 3/12/2013 8:22:44 PM
Do you think we will get ALL Pokemon in the game?

I don't mean their availability, but whether they are in the game.

Logically, as a developer myself I kind of doubt it because of all the effort required. It is not something a team of 10 or 20 can acomplish even if you give them 2 or 3 years to work on it.

BUT gamefreak ALWAYS surprises me.

They freaking drew walking sprites for all 493 Pokemon for HGSS and even catered for Shinies. Holy cow!

And they did make that 3ds pokedex thingy.

So yeah, they are pretty amazing.
#2Brandon042487Posted 3/12/2013 8:26:51 PM
Pokemon was always marketed with Version exclusives, it makes more money.
---
>Insert Signature Here<
#313121987(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 8:27:53 PM
Brandon042487 posted...

U dun get my question...
#4dezmomoPosted 3/12/2013 8:29:37 PM
Brandon042487 posted...

You didn't even read the opening post, did you...

I agree, TC, GameFreak puts in a heap of effort in their Pokemon games. Hopefully one day they'll bring back following Pokemon and there will be 700+ sprites, plus shinies!
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#5scraadinPosted 3/12/2013 8:31:17 PM
Tough call. On the one hand, we've been promised over 700 Pokemon in these games, and I doubt they're going to replace the old, so we're guaranteed 700+ unique Pokemon models. And that means 700+ updated movesets. Everything's going to be in there. But will it be catchable, or merely tradeable is an entirely different question. No idea.
---
"There is no overkill. There is only "Open Fire" and "I need to reload."
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates-schlockmercenary
#613121987(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 8:37:03 PM
scraadin posted...
Tough call. On the one hand, we've been promised over 700 Pokemon in these games, and I doubt they're going to replace the old, so we're guaranteed 700+ unique Pokemon models. And that means 700+ updated movesets. Everything's going to be in there. But will it be catchable, or merely tradeable is an entirely different question. No idea.

My point is whether ALL the Pokemon up to date will be useable/playable be it via trading from a previous game or event. Whether they will all be in the game.

It is crazy to think that they are able to animate all 700 over Pokemon within a short period of time, and that is not counting the gameplay, story design, and other stuff. It is crazy if they can achieve it.
#7TranquilSeaPosted 3/12/2013 8:41:56 PM
13121987 posted...
My point is whether ALL the Pokemon up to date will be useable/playable be it via trading from a previous game or event. Whether they will all be in the game.

It is crazy to think that they are able to animate all 700 over Pokemon within a short period of time, and that is not counting the gameplay, story design, and other stuff. It is crazy if they can achieve it.

What do you consider a short period of time? The 5th gen took about 4 years to develop. Real life buildings can be erected in a 4-year time period. 700+ 3D models sounds like a lot, but it probably isn't to a professional and I'm fairly sure we are going to get everything.
#813121987(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 8:44:26 PM(edited)
GameFreak is amazing, being able to deliver SO MUCH in such little time. Just look at how long blizzard took to make Diablo... and when you look at the game and think about it, Pokemon takes a LOT more effort to make, and they did it in a much shorter time.

Now think, all of the Pokemon are gonna be 3Dfied and they have an even shorter time to do it compared to the time from gen 4 to 5. It's been only like what? 3 years since gen 5? And they had to make B2W2 in between. I know it may be a different team working on it, but it's still amazing.
#913121987(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 8:46:38 PM
TranquilSea posted...
13121987 posted...

What do you consider a short period of time? The 5th gen took about 4 years to develop. Real life buildings can be erected in a 4-year time period. 700+ 3D models sounds like a lot, but it probably isn't to a professional and I'm fairly sure we are going to get everything.

Have you ever drew a 3D model before?
#10TranquilSeaPosted 3/12/2013 8:53:25 PM
13121987 posted...
Have you ever drew a 3D model before?

I could fire a similar question back at you: have you designed a structure before? It's what I'm studying at the moment, and the speed at which buildings get designed is probably unfathomable to someone not in structural engineering. Then there's the construction process, something you can see with your own eyes. There was a condominium being built near my college, and once the construction team gained momentum, and 2-3 floors were being built per week. I maintain that 700+ 3D models isn't beyond their capabilities, and that we will get them all.