This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Item Idea (WARNING: BROKEN)

#1EpicYoshi801Posted 3/12/2013 8:48:15 PM
What if there was a new item that had the same effects as Shadow Tag? It would make strategies such as Perish trapping more common, and setup sweepers would become broken beyond belief. Even Shedinja would become viable. If a Pokémon that already has Arena Trap or Shadow Tag holds the item, the opponent will become unable to switch out with U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, or a Shed Shell. In addition, Pokémon that are Flying-type, have Levitate, or are holding an Air Balloon would be unable to switch out against Pokémon with Arena Trap and the item. I would personally love to see Smogon's reaction to an item like this.
#2reaverzPosted 3/12/2013 9:22:23 PM(edited)
Yeah, it's too broken. However, there's a similar concept that's been thrown around of an "Anchor" hold item that prevents the holder from switching out. Such an item would not be broken, and in fact it's such a logical choice for a new item that I'm surprised GameFreak hasn't come up with such a thing.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#3Pendragon71037Posted 3/12/2013 9:23:33 PM
reaverz posted...
Yeah, it's too broken. However, there's a similar concept that's been thrown around of an "Anchor" hold item that prevents the holder from switching out. Such an item would not be broken, and in fact it's such a logical choice for a new item that I'm surprised GameFreak hasn't come up with such a thing.

So, it's basically the Suction Cups ability in item form? Cool.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Official Torterra of the White 2 board.
#4EpicYoshi801(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 9:26:43 PM
reaverz posted...

I do think that's an interesting idea, but what purpose would it serve? The only practical use I could think of is to prevent phazing. However, a counter to the anchored Pokémon could easily switch in, set up, and sweep the rest of the team. Is there something I'm missing here?
#5willingmessPosted 3/12/2013 9:30:13 PM
EpicYoshi801 posted...
reaverz posted...

I do think that's an interesting idea, but what purpose would it serve? The only practical use I could think of is to prevent phazing. However, a counter to the anchored Pokémon could easily switch in, set up, and sweep the rest of the team. Is there something I'm missing here?

You could trick it on a pokemon, then send out your sweeper to set up....
---
Official Team Miror (subdiv. of miror infinity) Leader
Shadow pokemon: flygon
#6reaverzPosted 3/12/2013 9:30:30 PM
EpicYoshi801 posted...

Baton Pass teams would probably appreciate it since they fear phazing. Baton Pass, U-turn, and Volt Switch would still allow the Pokemon holding such an item to switch out since those moves ignore trapping mechanisms.
---
#7Faust_8Posted 3/12/2013 9:31:02 PM
EpicYoshi801 posted...
reaverz posted...

Trick, I'm guessing. (Or whatever move puts your item onto your opponent.)
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#8reaverzPosted 3/12/2013 9:33:46 PM
Oh jeez, I overlooked Trick and Switcheroo. Maybe that's why they haven't made such an item.
---
#9jamieyelloPosted 3/12/2013 9:36:04 PM
reaverz posted...
Oh jeez, I overlooked Trick and Switcheroo. Maybe that's why they haven't made such an item.

But there's already mean look, that's not broken.
---
now go sit in the corner and think about your life.
#10EpicYoshi801(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 9:38:12 PM
jamieyello posted...
reaverz posted...

But there's already mean look, that's not broken.

Mean Look and Spider Web stop working once the user switches out. Tricking the Anchor onto the opponent allows you to switch and set up while the opponent remains trapped.