This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Protagnist of black/white 2 sleeps with his/her mom??

#21Masenko86Posted 3/13/2013 10:17:38 AM
stangkid95 posted...
GoodOlJr posted...
Masenko86 posted...
12Rouge posted...
Wasn't it already established that the protagonists mother lives, sleeps, and does everything in the kitchen?

This. There has always been only 1 bed. She never leaves the kitchen. Never.

perfect wifey... so why are they all single/divorced

I think the mom and dad in Hoenn were still together. He just never left the gym.

Indeed. Pokemon and trainers tickle his fancy more than his wife does.
#22AngryGFAQerPosted 3/13/2013 4:23:28 PM
Nidoprime posted...
I like to think that every single house has at least one level, possibly multiple levels of basements accessible by a trapdoor in the floorboards. These extra rooms hide everything else needed in a house that isn't visible normally.

Actually this makes sense.

It was mentioned that there was a war some time before the events of R/B/Y.

Bomb shelters.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#23gamester_12345Posted 3/13/2013 4:37:28 PM
AngryGFAQer posted...
Nidoprime posted...
I like to think that every single house has at least one level, possibly multiple levels of basements accessible by a trapdoor in the floorboards. These extra rooms hide everything else needed in a house that isn't visible normally.

Actually this makes sense.

It was mentioned that there was a war some time before the events of R/B/Y.

Bomb shelters.

Though to be fair, RBY was when the series was considered to have taken place in actual Kanto, the amount of real world references was at it's largest at generation 1 (and its location/references in gen 2 and its remakes) like Indian elephants and mew being found somewhere....i forget...

Though the Pewter Museum references the moon landings and even has a Columbia spacehip model, and I'm sure people already know this, but Lt Surge is the Lightening American....guessing Vietnam or something, unless he miraculously looks younger and participated in WWII to still look..well, young after 50 or so years.

It got to the extent that they omitted the name of the region from being mentioned in the 1st gen, presumably to leave some legroom and avoid the potential cultural barriers having it set in Japan could've done a few generations down the line, once they noticed Pokemon was a cashcow franchise outside of Japan, they had to expand the canon and whatever...

....which means they had to drop as many real world references as possible, Lt Surge's nationality was retained just because it was so public, to the extent that he dwarfed (the presumably Japanese) main characters in the anime which would be hard to explain even accounting that hes an adult and they're children....doesn't explain how he's much taller than Brock.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2356
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg