This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hyper Beam Variants now have 275 BP

#11MettanAtemPosted 3/13/2013 10:06:36 AM
King-gamer posted...
Yamata_Demon posted...
Porygon-Z nukes everyone.

But does it survive the recharge turn? Or does it go on a suicide mission? It's not exactly as bulky as Empoleon or Slaking.

And then there's Ghost types....
#12King-gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 10:08:21 AM
MettanAtem posted...
tl;dr - Slaking, Porygon-Z, Rhyperior, Crustle, and all Starters now dominate the metagame.
Dialga is now the best Uber.

When you say "all starters" Does that include Charizard? Is Charizard... *gasp* Good now?
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#13CarbideTitanPosted 3/13/2013 10:14:05 AM
MettanAtem posted...
King-gamer posted...
Yamata_Demon posted...
Porygon-Z nukes everyone.

But does it survive the recharge turn? Or does it go on a suicide mission? It's not exactly as bulky as Empoleon or Slaking.

And then there's Ghost types....

with vigor and Dark pulse
---
Call Kenny Loggins, cause you're in the Danger Zone
#14TerotrousPosted 3/13/2013 11:11:45 AM
Loads more pokemon would carry protect, there'd be a lot of guessing added to the metagame. "Will they Hyper Beam this turn? The next turn?"
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#15Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 3/13/2013 12:01:57 PM
they would still suck. they dont halve defense like explosion, and after the explosion nerf, explosion went from the best move in the game to not so good anymore.
#16Dark_EinherjarPosted 3/13/2013 12:20:46 PM
With STAB, these moves gain a virtual 412,5 BP, 550 BP with Adaptability...

Definitely useful, though if this happened, Substitute would become even more used to counter those moves...
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#17Dabrikishaw15Posted 3/13/2013 12:23:41 PM
A decent amount of Pokemon would move up in ranking with that kind of power, that's for sure.

---
Fact: all fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.
http://i.minus.com/ixGBrDD4hclHn.gif
#18King-gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 7:40:36 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
they would still suck. they dont halve defense like explosion, and after the explosion nerf, explosion went from the best move in the game to not so good anymore.

Are you sure? They don't kill you after using though. Super bulky Pokemon might be able to get at least two shots off before going down.

Also, I don't know if Dialga would become the best Uber. I mean, wasn;t there an Arceus event with Spatial Rend and Roar of Time? I believe that means Dragon Arceus is best Uber.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#19King-gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 3:02:42 AM
Bump for 275 BP Blast Burn Charizard.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#20Skull_proPosted 3/15/2013 6:29:32 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
A decent amount of Pokemon would move up in ranking with that kind of power, that's for sure.

Considering almost all evolved pokemon can use hyper beam, it wouldn't change the meta game so much, since both awesome and crappy pokemon could use it. Only Pokemon to truly benefit this would be Pokemon that got those moves as STAB.
---
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards