This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For all those that hate genwunners

#21framewreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:28:37 AM
Realistic.

Oh man I get you. I like a couple of the later gens too, but I don't spreads my ideas onto other people like you guys do. It's also unrealistic to think that all fans of the Pokemon games can't find a later gen that they like atleast somewhat, but yet people keep going back to Mewtwo and Charizard. How about that Psycho Boost? What about that Drought? Ring a bell?
#22Thepenguinking2Posted 3/14/2013 9:29:31 AM
KIngdomSora50 posted...
My B2 Pokemon are level 100 already so i don't give a ****

---
The Shiny zangoose of the X/y Board! (what? everyone's doing this!)
white FC:3268-3861-7929
#23cancerstormPosted 3/14/2013 9:31:12 AM
is this really a thing

i assumed most people who only like the first gen are just guys who grew up only playing gen1 and nothing else

i thought anyone who has stuck with pokemon since its conception has an appreciation for all pokemon
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#24Arne83Posted 3/14/2013 9:31:21 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...
framewreck posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...
framewreck posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...
For all those that make non sequitur comments...

a "genwunner" is someone who insists that the only good games are old games, specifically the first generation, in all their glitchy glory.

Then Gamefreak must be a genwunner. Pikachu has yet to leave Ashes's side and Alakazam is still a broken Pokemon. Not to mention Venusaur and Ninetails have been updated. Last face it, fans of later gens are going to have to wait in line for updates to their favorite pokes.

Supporting your games=/=genwunner.

Well done for mentioning Pikachu by the way, showcasing your mascot surely implies you're a genwunner.

What other mascot was I supposed to mention? Mickey Mouse? But I'm glad they have a name for something though. What do they call people who like later gens? Elitist?

Thanks, you misread my point and then failed to bring up an actual argument.
Genwunner=someone who insists the first gen is the best and every other gen is inferior in every way.
Now come at me!

I wouldn't expect anything, the original "argument" is flawed from the start. Ok, yeah... so they buff older Pokemon in more recent games... that doesn't mean the older games are better. If anything, it's an argument in support of the more recent generations.
---
"Oh no...wiki has attained self-consciousness!" -SOLDIER_Bankai
#25framewreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:31:50 AM
Genwunner=someone who insists the first gen is the best and every other gen is inferior in every way.
Now come at me!

I will. If you create a name for gen 1 then you have to do so for all gens. It's pointless because outside of broken later Pokemon, gen 1, is the only gen that gets all the love. So there I came at you.
#26framewreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:33:51 AM
cancerstorm posted...
is this really a thing

i assumed most people who only like the first gen are just guys who grew up only playing gen1 and nothing else

i thought anyone who has stuck with pokemon since its conception has an appreciation for all pokemon

What about the kids who just got into Pokemon but are scared of all these over complicated designs? Are they allowed to have an appreciation for Pokemon?
#27XazealPosted 3/14/2013 9:35:10 AM
Hating Genwunners doesn't mean we hate Gen 1, TC.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#28Skyward_SneaselPosted 3/14/2013 9:35:59 AM
framewreck posted...
Now come at me!

I will. If you create a name for gen 1 then you have to do so for all gens. It's pointless because outside of broken later Pokemon, gen 1, is the only gen that gets all the love. So there I came at you.

So all the Hoennbabies who proclaimed the forthcoming arrival of Gen III remakes for ages don't exist? Anyone who hasn't played Gen I, but still likes pokemon? There are plenty who dislike Gen I, and there are some who like it. Also, don't talk about forcing opinions before trying to force people that Gen I is good.
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages!! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon and Brock of the Pokemon X boards
#29framewreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:36:46 AM
Xazeal posted...

So you just hate the people who prefer gen 1 to other gens?
#30Skyward_SneaselPosted 3/14/2013 9:37:40 AM
framewreck posted...
Xazeal posted...

So you just hate the people who prefer gen 1 to other gens?

If they're idiots like you who go on about it and don't listen to other's opinions then yes.
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages!! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon and Brock of the Pokemon X boards