This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For all those that hate genwunners

#41jamieyelloPosted 3/14/2013 10:47:39 AM
Question: Does liking the first 151 (+Johto) more than the rest and thinking they're cooler make me a genwunner? Imo I think the newer legends don't come close to the badassery of the first couple, and I never even played those games. Don't kill me please.
---
now go sit in the corner and think about your life.
#42KingTumbleweedPosted 3/14/2013 10:47:47 AM
framewreck posted...
Xazeal posted...
framewreck posted...
No, but when you add a label to group people you're basically saying anyone labeled in this group has the same opinion. And you can go too any topic to see that.

Everything in that group does have the same opinion, because said opinion is what puts them in that group.

It's like saying all Pokemon fans like Pokemon.

I know but noone bashes the people who like gen 5 and only gen 5. Why is that? Jealousy of all the older gen 1 pokemon who have been broken from the start and continue to get more broken. All it is people wanting their favorite obscure pokemon to get boost, but people like you hate the fact Charizard gets a boost before any other.

Yes we do. It's just that they don't appear as often as people like you. You're in specific denial now.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#43dwdwdw6Posted 3/14/2013 10:49:48 AM
Im laughing at some of TC's posts.
#44Arne83Posted 3/14/2013 10:50:52 AM(edited)
jamieyello posted...
Question: Does liking the first 151 (+Johto) more than the rest and thinking they're cooler make me a genwunner? Imo I think the newer legends don't come close to the badassery of the first couple, and I never even played those games. Don't kill me please.

Do you actually like the recent games? If your answer is "yes"... than no, you're not a genwunner.
---
"Oh no...wiki has attained self-consciousness!" -SOLDIER_Bankai
#45RunebogglePosted 3/14/2013 10:56:43 AM
lol, you guys are being trolled.
---
Si || Does the Walker choose the Path, or the Path choose the Walker?
#46MightyRevenantPosted 3/14/2013 11:09:06 AM
kwando1313 posted...
>broken
>gen 1 pokemon

What metagame are you playing?

Greentexting on GameFAQs. (:

Also, the metagame with Mewtwo. Or just about anything fast. Or with Amnesia. Or a Psychic-type.
#47sonicfanaticjtbPosted 3/14/2013 11:16:49 AM
framewreck posted...
You know they continue to make the older pokemon stronger don't you?

And that's part of what makes the new games better than the old games. They take old pokémon that have been made damn near useless thanks to the power creep introduced in the newer games (or, in cases like Magmar, were useless from the very beginning) and breath new life into 'em through giving them evolutions (like with what happened with Magmar and Tangela ) or giving them new/better abilities (like what happened with Alakazam and Ditto )

Also, Gen 1 isn't the only gen getting love from gamefreak. Espeon and Xatu both got new abilities that gave them a much needed competitive boost, as did Blaziken and Sableye, just to name a few non-gen 1 'mons that got some love from gamefreak.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#48CakeOfLiesPosted 3/14/2013 11:21:36 AM
dwdwdw6 posted...
Im laughing at some of TC's posts.

Only some of them?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#49FunleashTheUryPosted 3/14/2013 11:42:00 AM
framewreck posted...
Realistic.

Oh man I get you. I like a couple of the later gens too, but I don't spreads my ideas onto other people like you guys do. It's also unrealistic to think that all fans of the Pokemon games can't find a later gen that they like atleast somewhat, but yet people keep going back to Mewtwo and Charizard. How about that Psycho Boost? What about that Drought? Ring a bell?

This guy.

Also, out of the top ten most used OU pokemon, there are:

One from Gen 1
Three from Gen 2
Two from Gen 3
Three from Gen 4
And one from Gen 5
---
http://i.imgur.com/W2YAER1.gif
I <3 you
#50framewreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 1:07:20 PM
Arne83 posted...
jamieyello posted...

Do you actually like the recent games? If your answer is "yes"... than no, you're not a genwunner.

He said himself he didn't play the new games. Even if he did play the new games, does that take away from him liking the 1st gen? Or is it play and enjoy the new games or else? Seems to explain this board really well.