This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For all those that hate genwunners

#51framewreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 1:12:01 PM
FunleashTheUry posted...
framewreck posted...
Realistic.

Oh man I get you. I like a couple of the later gens too, but I don't spreads my ideas onto other people like you guys do. It's also unrealistic to think that all fans of the Pokemon games can't find a later gen that they like atleast somewhat, but yet people keep going back to Mewtwo and Charizard. How about that Psycho Boost? What about that Drought? Ring a bell?

This guy.

Also, out of the top ten most used OU pokemon, there are:

One from Gen 1
Three from Gen 2
Two from Gen 3
Three from Gen 4
And one from Gen 5

You know what I meant by that. Charizard and Mewtwo are the most popular pokemon on this board. Why would I even mention using Charizard competively? All I'm trying to say is don't cry screw genwunners when/if Charizard gets an massive overhaul this gen. We've seen it before.
#52Dark_EinherjarPosted 3/15/2013 1:45:38 PM
framewreck posted...
You know what I meant by that. Charizard and Mewtwo are the most popular pokemon on this board. Why would I even mention using Charizard competively? All I'm trying to say is don't cry screw genwunners when/if Charizard gets an massive overhaul this gen. We've seen it before.

What, exactly, does improving old Pokémon has to do with genwunners?

Genwunners are people who hate all generations post Gen I and keep preaching that "Gen I was the only time when Pokémon was good", and utterly refuse to acknowledge any of the improvements brought to the series by the other generations.

Heck, even if they nerfed Stealth Rock and gave Charizard something like Contrary + Draco Meteor, it wouldn't change the fact that genwunners are annoying and should die in a fire.
Ironically, if Gen I Pokémon are improved in later generations, that actually RUINS the point of the genwunners that all generations post-I suck.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#53framewreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 1:57:37 PM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
framewreck posted...

What, exactly, does improving old Pokémon has to do with genwunners?

Genwunners are people who hate all generations post Gen I and keep preaching that "Gen I was the only time when Pokémon was good", and utterly refuse to acknowledge any of the improvements brought to the series by the other generations.

Heck, even if they nerfed Stealth Rock and gave Charizard something like Contrary + Draco Meteor, it wouldn't change the fact that genwunners are annoying and should die in a fire.
Ironically, if Gen I Pokémon are improved in later generations, that actually RUINS the point of the genwunners that all generations post-I suck.

What's so annoying about them? Their opinion? What doesn't make your opinion just as annoying? There are people with more experience in Pokemon than you. Noone labels you or your opinion. And if they did all that it would just prove my point. Everyone wants the original Pokemon to be best. Including you.
#54Dark_EinherjarPosted 3/15/2013 2:58:22 PM
framewreck posted...
What's so annoying about them? Their opinion? What doesn't make your opinion just as annoying? There are people with more experience in Pokemon than you. Noone labels you or your opinion. And if they did all that it would just prove my point. Everyone wants the original Pokemon to be best. Including you.

The fact that they rant all the time about their so-called "opinion", rather than keeping it for themselves, is what makes them annoying. Do you see me making threads all the time to complain about stuff that I don't like?

Experience in Pokémon... seriously, dude, what does that have to do with anything? Having more or less experience on something doesn't make one's opinions automatically right or wrong.

Lastly, you're only PARTIALLY correct about me wanting the "original" Pokémon to be better (not best, mind you). Indeed, there are a few select Gen I Pokémon that I want to see being successful competitively (Dragonite, my favorite one, already is, and I'm rooting for Pinsir atm), but that's also true for each other generation, for every generation has Pokémon that I like/love and Pokémon that I despise/hate/don't care for.

If GF improves Gen I Pokémon and genwunners are made happy for that... well, more power to them. It still won't change who they are and why people hate them.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#55TheWiseliestOnePosted 3/15/2013 4:13:05 PM
Is there any point to this topic?
---
3DS Friendcode: 0087-3629-7518
#56CakeOfLiesPosted 3/15/2013 4:17:32 PM
TheWiseliestOne posted...

Nope.
TC was starting a war.

It worked.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#57framewreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:35:19 PM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
framewreck posted...

The fact that they rant all the time about their so-called "opinion", rather than keeping it for themselves, is what makes them annoying. Do you see me making threads all the time to complain about stuff that I don't like?

Experience in Pokémon... seriously, dude, what does that have to do with anything? Having more or less experience on something doesn't make one's opinions automatically right or wrong.

Lastly, you're only PARTIALLY correct about me wanting the "original" Pokémon to be better (not best, mind you). Indeed, there are a few select Gen I Pokémon that I want to see being successful competitively (Dragonite, my favorite one, already is, and I'm rooting for Pinsir atm), but that's also true for each other generation, for every generation has Pokémon that I like/love and Pokémon that I despise/hate/don't care for.

If GF improves Gen I Pokémon and genwunners are made happy for that... well, more power to them. It still won't change who they are and why people hate them.

So in short you only want your favorite pokes to be the best, and hate genwunners because they do too, and actually see results?
#58framewreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:36:17 PM
TheWiseliestOne posted...

Because you obviously took the time to post.
#59GallantChaddymnPosted 3/15/2013 4:51:07 PM
the anti-genwunnuers are no better then the Genwunners themselves.
They hate on gen 1 just as irrationally and unjustly as the genwunners love it.
---
Fennekin >>> Every other Gen 6 starter
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/d5r70a1
#60framewreck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 7:45:13 PM
GallantChaddymn posted...
the anti-genwunnuers are no better then the Genwunners themselves.
They hate on gen 1 just as irrationally and unjustly as the genwunners love it.

This guy gets it.