This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

bored. reading wiki Unova league anime spoilers

#1karasu009Posted 3/13/2013 11:57:35 PM
So, Unova league lasted 6 episodes, and Ash didn't make top 4? He made top 8.

Aaaaand he lost to Trip in the Junior Cup, but Trip didn't even make top 64?

Wat?
---
I am the darkness, I am the dragon...and I am hungry.
#2FuneralCakePosted 3/13/2013 11:58:41 PM
That's how Ash rolls, yo.

But seriously, he can't do anything right.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#3UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/13/2013 11:59:39 PM
What exactly is the point of the Elite Four in the anime if the Pokemon League is something entirely different?
I'm not even quite sure what function the E4 served in Adventures other than being evil for the sake of being evil.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#4LexifoxPosted 3/14/2013 12:01:14 AM
The winner of the regional league challenges the E4.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/14/2013 12:04:07 AM
Lexifox posted...

So I assume Ash has never challenged the E4 then.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#6karasu009(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 12:08:15 AM
Pretty much. I'm not saying we make Ash the best so little kids go meh, but at least make him win a single conference, then lose to the E4. That way kids can go, "Ash will do better next time. Oh yay Pokemon X/Y is out. I'm going to be like Ash, but beat the E4!"

Ash can't even beat regionals....
---
I am the darkness, I am the dragon...and I am hungry.
#7LexifoxPosted 3/14/2013 12:17:49 AM
UltimaZangetsu posted...
Lexifox posted...

So I assume Ash has never challenged the E4 then.

He battled Lorelei, Drake, Agatha (running the Viridian Gym), and all of the Sinnoh E4 save Lucien (he battled Dawn).

karasu009 posted...
Pretty much. I'm not saying we make Ash the best so little kids go meh, but at least make him win a single conference, then lose to the E4. That way kids can go, "Ash will do better next time. Oh yay Pokemon X/Y is out. I'm going to be like Ash, but beat the E4!"

Ash can't even beat regionals....

They're pretty hard to beat for some reason.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8Moogle_trainerPosted 3/14/2013 12:53:02 AM
I wish we could see the winner of the leagues challenge the E4. The only thing I was looking forward to with Tobias from Sinnoh was the idea of seeing the rest of his team fighting the E4.

Now i have hope to see Virgil fight the E4 and maybe even use a Sylveon but it is the anime so not likely
#9SlimeStackPosted 3/14/2013 6:01:00 AM
UltimaZangetsu posted...
What exactly is the point of the Elite Four in the anime if the Pokemon League is something entirely different?
I'm not even quite sure what function the E4 served in Adventures other than being evil for the sake of being evil.

RBY's E4 was used as a villainous team as you said. Probably because it was established that a league champion only has to beat other badge owners. Will and Karen were villains in GSC, but at the conclusion of the arc they decided to join up with Koga and Bruno and work for the Pokémon League. Anyone who had all the badges would battle the E4 to become champion, anyone who didn't would have to win the anime-style tournament first. I haven't read through RSE, DPP or BW yet so I don't know if that system sticks.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#10henriuePosted 3/14/2013 6:08:09 AM
SlimeStack posted...
UltimaZangetsu posted...

RBY's E4 was used as a villainous team as you said. Probably because it was established that a league champion only has to beat other badge owners. Will and Karen were villains in GSC, but at the conclusion of the arc they decided to join up with Koga and Bruno and work for the Pokémon League. Anyone who had all the badges would battle the E4 to become champion, anyone who didn't would have to win the anime-style tournament first. I haven't read through RSE, DPP or BW yet so I don't know if that system sticks.

Like he said but in RSE which is as far as i read: The E4 is battled like in the game by the winner of the tournament, and wallace beat steven, which meant steven would be part of the elite4 and someone would be kicked out, but instead steven just stepped down.