This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Online tournaments are lame

#1Masenko86Posted 3/14/2013 8:43:14 AM
They have the desired convenience, don't get me wrong. But almost every time I'm about to win, the sore losers disconnect and I don't get the points I earned. Why can't people just play fairly?
#2AurawhispererPosted 3/14/2013 8:45:27 AM
This calls for WW3 on japan.

Damn scums just cant get life right! ****
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265 White 2: Zakary: 0820 1802 3233. Chat off while trading
#3Catcher_FreemanPosted 3/14/2013 8:46:46 AM
This is why I play on simulators.

I still get points if they forfeit/disconnect.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#4ninjarauiPosted 3/14/2013 8:57:38 AM
my record is 4-16 when it should be closer to 16-16 because of that very reason./
#5Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 3/14/2013 9:04:01 AM
there needs to be a penalty for DC'ing.

like, if you DC by turning the power off, your save file gets corrupt and you need to start a new game. if you DC for real by losing your internet connection, nothing happens.
#6Gray_AreasPosted 3/14/2013 9:18:04 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...

like, if you DC by turning the power off, your save file gets corrupt and you need to start a new game. if you DC for real by losing your internet connection, nothing happens.

I think the problem with that is that the game cart can't tell the difference. Just that it was a disconnect. And then what if they're battery just died? Or somehow the system just reset (I don't think bumping the DS or 3DS causes this problem like it did with the old GBA and GBA SP)?
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#7GiftedACIIIPosted 3/14/2013 9:47:56 AM

Thats pretty much impossible to tell If there was, soo many online games would have that function
#8Roc_RaidaPosted 3/14/2013 9:51:03 AM
Lol, at "losing your internet connection then nothing happens"

People will abuse that so much now. -__-
#9Masenko86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 11:14:45 AM
Gray_Areas posted...

I think the problem with that is that the game cart can't tell the difference. Just that it was a disconnect. And then what if they're battery just died? Or somehow the system just reset (I don't think bumping the DS or 3DS causes this problem like it did with the old GBA and GBA SP)?

I agree that it can't tell the difference, but if the battery died, that's the user's fault for not paying attention and charging it. What they need to do is give people a win if the opponent disconnects and give a forfeiture (they can deem what this entails) for the other person. My idea would be no win or loss for them for the first 3x. If they keep disconnecting, they start getting losses. I mean, they're either doing it on purpose, or they have connection issues that need to be resolved so they don't keep joining battles that end in disappointment for both players. If this gets implemented, this would solve everything. And they can have a troubleshoot mode that you can test a full battle against a CPU player to make sure the connection issue is resolved before entering another competition battle.
#10DoctorJimmy133Posted 3/14/2013 11:24:32 AM

Gosh, it would be absolutely reprehensible to put in such a harsh penalty for disconnecting. Do it once and your save file dies? What if it's an accident? What if it's some little kid disconnecting and losing 200+ hours of data just 'cause he didn't know any better? Seems like there would be a lot of those. Plus, disconnecting when you're losing isn't THAT evil. A lesser penalty would be in order. Like maybe if you disconnect twice you get banned from the tournament. Or you can't play the game at all until the end of the tournament. That seems harsh enough to me. KILLING THE SAVE FILE?!!?!? NO!!!!!
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.