This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Online tournaments are lame

#11CakeOfLiesPosted 3/14/2013 11:48:56 AM
Yeah... It's annoying when people rage quit.

I was fighting a guy online with my first competitive team. He used a shiny Scizor, a Durant, and a Volcarona. (I guess he like Bug types?)

I was dominating with my Heatran and right when I was delivering the final blow...
"Your opponent has disconnected."

I laughed but it was rather annoying. :/
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#12Pikablu45Posted 3/14/2013 11:57:45 AM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
there needs to be a penalty for DC'ing.

like, if you DC by turning the power off, your save file gets corrupt and you need to start a new game. if you DC for real by losing your internet connection, nothing happens.

Gosh, it would be absolutely reprehensible to put in such a harsh penalty for disconnecting. Do it once and your save file dies? What if it's an accident? What if it's some little kid disconnecting and losing 200+ hours of data just 'cause he didn't know any better? Seems like there would be a lot of those. Plus, disconnecting when you're losing isn't THAT evil. A lesser penalty would be in order. Like maybe if you disconnect twice you get banned from the tournament. Or you can't play the game at all until the end of the tournament. That seems harsh enough to me. KILLING THE SAVE FILE?!!?!? NO!!!!!

I agree completely with this. It would essentially be imposing a dictatorship-like regime on us gamers if the game deleted the save file. No No No!

How about you lose a set number of points if you disconnect?
---
Lang Zi says 'Furio Tigre can only be half the beastly hot man my descendant can be...'
You go Shifu!! *Fangirl Roar*
#13GiftedACIIIPosted 3/14/2013 10:09:11 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Yeah... It's annoying when people rage quit.

I was fighting a guy online with my first competitive team. He used a shiny Scizor, a Durant, and a Volcarona. (I guess he like Bug types?)

I was dominating with my Heatran and right when I was delivering the final blow...
"Your opponent has disconnected."

I laughed but it was rather annoying. :/

Yeah because you had the complete and utter advantage over him. Also lol random matchup
#14PikaleyPosted 3/14/2013 10:37:51 PM
Roc_Raida posted...
Lol, at "losing your internet connection then nothing happens"

People will abuse that so much now. -__-

especially since losing connection is as easy as hitting that slider on the right of 3ds that controls wireless on and off
---
3ds fc - 4983-5114-5815, Name: Brad