This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any else tired of this Oshawott/Tepig/Snivy/Pikachu craze?

#1EstheimasterPosted 3/14/2013 10:13:16 PM
Sick of them yet? - Results (160 votes)
Yes, show diversity!
32.5% (52 votes)
Nah, let Gen V have its fun.
27.5% (44 votes)
I don't really care.
40% (64 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I get it that they're the current gen's starters, but never before have the starters been shoved down our throats like this (except for Gen I, but they were the only starters so it's not like they had other big mascots). Seriously:

Rumble Blast: First four.
Pokepark 2: Those four
Mystery Dungeon Gates…: Those four and Axew

And now, Pokemon Rumble Wii U. If you see the trailer, it's those four starting off again. Seriously, where is the love for the old Pokemon? None of the old starters were so heavily marketed. Sure, Piplup, Chimchar, and Turtwig graced Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness' boxes, but they weren't the only playable choices. Where's the love for the old ones? Would it have killed them to mix in a Mudkip or a Chikorita or Charmander into the main characters? That's what I liked about Pokepark 1: Pikachu's best friends were Charmander Chikorita and Piplup. That's diversity!

This is not saying I don't like the Gen V starters: I love Oshawott, while Snivy and Tepig are rather cool.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#2ODommPosted 3/14/2013 10:14:04 PM
cehspin
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~
#3Painted_FishPosted 3/14/2013 10:21:43 PM
Option 3!
---
NYARGLEBARGLE!
http://tinyurl.com/TheJusticeDance
#4KakarotGokuSonPosted 3/17/2013 4:47:01 AM
I've gotta agree with TC I love Pikachu and like seeing stuff released of him, he's the mascot so I don't mind that and I like Oshawott too I think mostly because my middle name is Joshua... Joshawott haha! but yeah they are everywhere together and you never see anything of the other starters.

I went and got my wife a Pikachu doll as a present from Target last week and they had a Target exclusive figure four pack and of course the figures were Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott XD
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior, My real name is Goku Morin and I'm a martial artist. PSN: KakarotGokuSon
#5PolimarioPosted 3/17/2013 5:09:41 AM
I don't care.

Well, I do somewhat. Snivy doesn't deserve all of this attention.
---
Life is but a cruel Mistress.
RIP: Sadie, my beloved Golden Retriever. 9/11/2000 - 3/11/2013
#6MetaDeDeDePosted 3/17/2013 5:15:07 AM
Ass much as we hate Gamefreak for shoving Gen V starter in our throats, they are more than likely going to do the same to gen VI starters since they are the first Pokemon you get.
---
I love and believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it
Official Wario of the New Super Mario Bros. U Board
#7Misdreavus573Posted 3/17/2013 5:26:56 AM
Polimario posted...
I don't care.

Well, I do somewhat. Snivy is the only one that deserves all of this attention.

Modified for my liking.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy X, Pokemon White 2, Darkstalkers Ressurection.
#8Mudkip43Posted 3/17/2013 5:27:41 AM
In a few months it'll be Pikachu,Chespin,Fennekin,Froakie
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#9KakarotGokuSonPosted 3/17/2013 3:37:36 PM
This ^ ^
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior, My real name is Goku Morin and I'm a martial artist. PSN: KakarotGokuSon
#10Decon082Posted 3/17/2013 4:38:19 PM
Honestly, I don't like the Gen 5 starters as much as any of the other gens, but I like plenty of Pokemon from Gen 5.

Just wait until we have all the spinoff games after Gen 6 is released, then you'll hear the same gripes about the Gen 6 starters being over-represented. But I like these starters better already, and we still hardly know anything about them.
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/