This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So mewtwo and crap flower can learn hurricane...

#31CakeOfLiesPosted 3/15/2013 2:11:19 PM
Roc_Raida posted...
Roc_Raida posted...
Maybe I didn't make this clear. Hurricane (without Rain) >>>>>>>>>>> Air Slash

"<Pokemon> used Hurricane! <Pokemon>'s attack missed!"

"<Pokemon> used Air Slash! The foe's <Pokemon> flinched!"

Or this can happen.

"<Pokemon> used Hurricane! The foe's <Pokemon> fainted!"

"<Pokemon> used Air Slash! The foe's <Pokemon> attacked!"

Not when I battle, it doesn't.
Whenever I use Thunmiss, Missard, Fire Miss, Focus Miss, or Missicane, I... Miss.

But I get a lot of flinches from Air Slash.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#32Catcher_FreemanPosted 3/15/2013 2:11:49 PM
Recently, I learned that there's a moth in real life that looks just like Volcarona, and was the inspiration behind its design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKd9U_Y4mas - The Cecropia moth
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#33AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/15/2013 2:12:08 PM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
Roc_Raida posted...

lol, no. You can't just call a move better simply because it has a higher base power.

True, but the massive increase in power (120 against 75) is a pretty strong argument, especially when Drizzle Politoed is everywhere.
The big difference in power why people often pick Stone Edge over Rock Slide, or Focus Blast over Hidden Power Fighting.

We're talking about Charizard though. Charizard should be nowhere near a rain team. Also people choose Stone Edge because it has 80% accuracy rather than 75% like Hurricane which makes a difference, AND it has a high critical hit ratio along with it's higher base power. Rock Slide just causes Flinch so it has less going for it. Also with Focus Blast vs Hidden Power, you have to lose IV points in order to get a max power Hidden Power Fighting so it's just better to go with Focus Miss
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#34AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/15/2013 2:14:00 PM
Roc_Raida posted...
Roc_Raida posted...

"<Pokemon> used Hurricane! <Pokemon>'s attack missed!"

"<Pokemon> used Air Slash! The foe's <Pokemon> flinched!"

Or this can happen.

"<Pokemon> used Hurricane! The foe's <Pokemon> fainted!"

"<Pokemon> used Air Slash! The foe's <Pokemon> attacked!"

There's a higher chance of the former happening than the latter. And the added Flinch rate, depending on the siutation, can make it a 2HKO without even taking damage.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
#35Pendragon71037Posted 3/15/2013 2:16:45 PM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
Roc_Raida posted...

lol, no. You can't just call a move better simply because it has a higher base power.

True, but the massive increase in power (120 against 75) is a pretty strong argument, especially when Drizzle Politoed is everywhere.
The big difference in power why people often pick Stone Edge over Rock Slide, or Focus Blast over Hidden Power Fighting.

We're talking about Charizard though. Charizard should be nowhere near a rain team. Also people choose Stone Edge because it has 80% accuracy rather than 75% like Hurricane which makes a difference, AND it has a high critical hit ratio along with it's higher base power. Rock Slide just causes Flinch so it has less going for it. Also with Focus Blast vs Hidden Power, you have to lose IV points in order to get a max power Hidden Power Fighting so it's just better to go with Focus Miss

Uh, isn't a maxed IV'd pokemon's Hidden Power a 70BP Fighting move?
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Official Torterra of the White 2 board.
#36AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/15/2013 2:17:49 PM
Pendragon71037 posted...
Dark_Einherjar posted...
Roc_Raida posted...

Uh, isn't a maxed IV'd pokemon's Hidden Power a 70BP Fighting move?

no it's Dark.
---
#37Roc_RaidaPosted 3/15/2013 2:25:21 PM(edited)
There's a higher chance of the former happening than the latter.

And how did you figure this out?
#38AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/15/2013 2:27:27 PM
Roc_Raida posted...
There's a higher chance of the former happening than the latter.

And how did you figure this out?

....because of Hurricane's accuracy.
---
#39im_boredPosted 3/15/2013 2:32:22 PM
Recently, I learned that there's a moth in real life that looks just like Volcarona, and was the inspiration behind its design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKd9U_Y4mas - The Cecropia moth

That's pretty cool, the moth is huge
---
I'm not your bro, bro.
#40Roc_RaidaPosted 3/15/2013 2:34:15 PM
So you're saying a 1.6 times increase of power does not make up for the 25% accuracy drop? Then why does Smogon and PO recommend using Hurricane over Air Slash for Moltres? A Pokemon you'll never see in rain teams.