This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny pokemon and pokerus in Pokemon X and Y. - not even gonna bother with it

#1WizardofHothPosted 3/15/2013 2:05:19 PM
I get so tired of the once in a lifetime pokerus and shiny pokmeon that only show up once.

The only time I ever got a shiny pokemn and even pokerus was back in Pokemon Sapphire.

I'm not gonna bother running around constantly just to run into a "shiny" pokemon or encounter a wild pokemon that might have pokerus or not. I get so tired of that crap.
#2MugilokoPosted 3/15/2013 2:05:42 PM
Cool.
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/15/2013 2:06:26 PM
Nobody's forcing you to catch shinies or get Pokerus. Those are just extras. It's your choice if you look for it or not...

Also, Masuda Method
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#4mralpha543Posted 3/15/2013 2:08:25 PM
Mugiloko posted...
Cool.

---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Real Arceus. Third Version M 2/26/13
Official ANBU of the Pokemon boards.
#5UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/15/2013 2:09:30 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Nobody's forcing you to catch shinies or get Pokerus. Those are just extras. It's your choice if you look for it or not...

Also, Masuda Method

What method is this?
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#6MugilokoPosted 3/15/2013 2:10:10 PM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#7Thefatness16Posted 3/15/2013 2:10:15 PM
I got pretty damn lucky with Pokerus in Black 2. I was training in Celestial Tower, and got low on health. Went back to the Pokemon center, and Pokerus just like that. I wasn't even up to eighth gym yet.
Hope I get that lucky for X/Y.
#8SlimeStackPosted 3/15/2013 2:10:42 PM
You can get Pokérus from online trades, so that's never an issue.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#9Dark_EinherjarPosted 3/15/2013 2:11:30 PM(edited)
Unless you're RNGing them, you'll usually only run into those when you're NOT looking for them.

I got Pokérus TWICE in recent playthroughs: once in Black 2, and another when I was replaying SoulSilver. @_@
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#10SerperiorThanUPosted 3/15/2013 2:11:41 PM
WizardofHoth posted...
I get so tired of the once in a lifetime pokerus and shiny pokmeon that only show up once.

The only time I ever got a shiny pokemn and even pokerus was back in Pokemon Sapphire.

I'm not gonna bother running around constantly just to run into a "shiny" pokemon or encounter a wild pokemon that might have pokerus or not. I get so tired of that crap.

If you got pokerus even once you're golden. Just spread it around and then transfer them into the next gen and so on. I've gotten it 3 time legit and 2 shinies. Also if you really want to say oncei in a lifetime those would be the events.