This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why isn't there a Stealth Rock clause?

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/15/2013 7:24:41 PM
You'll ban evasion moves and weather abilities....
#2ecylisPosted 3/15/2013 7:26:08 PM
Because it's a "legitimate strategy" whereas everything banned is not.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NaW3frK.gif | Pokemon White: http://i.imgur.com/BlxTP3R.png | http://i.imgur.com/nkIs6q9.png
#3Zarren364Posted 3/15/2013 7:26:12 PM
Because....
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren
#4MightyRevenantPosted 3/15/2013 7:43:22 PM
Because everybody else hates Charizard, I guess.
---
Official Eviolite of the pretentious Pokemon fanbase on GameFAQs.
#5PyroSparkPosted 3/15/2013 7:46:30 PM
MightyRevenant posted...
Because everybody else hates Charizard, I guess.

Charizard. The worst pokemon, yet also the coolest.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#6scrappybristolPosted 3/15/2013 7:48:16 PM
Because Rapid Spin and Magic Bounce exist.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#7LexifoxPosted 3/15/2013 7:48:27 PM
Because no one has presented a good enough argument that proves why it needs regulation.

Evasion moves are banned because people generally dislike random chance, and Smogon's policy is to try to emphasize skill over luck.

Weather abilities show genuine capability of being overpowered, particularly with rain and Swift Swim.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8Badali714Posted 3/15/2013 8:11:46 PM
scrappybristol posted...

Using this logic, you can say that evasion moves are fair because Aerial Ace, Faint Attack, and various other perfect accuracy moves exist.
---
Earned, Never Given.
Some people were dropped on their heads as babies. You were thrown face first at a wall.
#9LexifoxPosted 3/15/2013 8:17:22 PM
Badali714 posted...
scrappybristol posted...

Using this logic, you can say that evasion moves are fair because Aerial Ace, Faint Attack, and various other perfect accuracy moves exist.

Except that those moves are basically **** in power and literally almost any Pokemon can learn Double Team.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#10Badali714Posted 3/15/2013 8:29:51 PM
Lexifox posted...
Badali714 posted...
scrappybristol posted...

Except that those moves are basically **** in power and literally almost any Pokemon can learn Double Team.

Right, and around 20 families of pokemon can learn Rapid Spin and only 3 pokemon at all can have Magic Bounce. It's not really that much to defend against Rocks.
---
Earned, Never Given.
Some people were dropped on their heads as babies. You were thrown face first at a wall.