This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why isn't there a Stealth Rock clause?

#213PiesAndAForkPosted 3/15/2013 9:45:07 PM
You know, I've always wondered how many people would legitimately start crying if SR was in nerf or restricted in any shape, way, or form.

"WAHHH, people can start using fire and/or flying pokemon competitively without Starmie, WAHHH"
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#22Brandon042487Posted 3/15/2013 9:56:18 PM
3PiesAndAFork posted...
Brandon042487 posted...

# of Pokemon that can learn Stealth Rock: 155

Seems Balanced /sarcasm

So the solution is to bring that number way down, to maybe 15 or 20 tops. And make them all steaming piles of crap, so you pretty much have to lose a spot on your team to have SR.

Or have Rapid Spin able to learn by more Pokemon or a new entry removal move and/or Ability be introduced in Gen 6

I don't do a lot of competitive battling but I do wish do see the butt hurt players if it ever dose become nerfed or banned in smogon.
---
>Insert Signature Here<
#23KeeperOfShadowsPosted 3/15/2013 9:57:14 PM
3PiesAndAFork posted...
You know, I've always wondered how many people would legitimately start crying if SR was in nerf or restricted in any shape, way, or form.

"WAHHH, people can start using fire and/or flying pokemon competitively without Starmie, WAHHH"

They already do. I've seen quite a few good teams in recent months that don't even bother with spinners, despite using pokemon with SR weak types.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#24Toasty_KabalPosted 3/15/2013 10:06:01 PM
Sand Veil, brightpowder Garchomp says hi.
---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu
#25LexifoxPosted 3/15/2013 10:17:16 PM
kuwab0 posted...
karasu009 posted...
Because it isn't that bad.

If they ban SR, they should ban all of the other hazards. Which is dumb.

Taking 50 percent off a Pokemons health isn't bad?

It's called having a 4x weakness.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#26inTaCtfuLPosted 3/16/2013 12:40:32 AM
i never got the butthurt caused by sr. its called competitive pokemon, meaning that you play to win. If charizard doesnt help you win then move on and pick better pokemon. its would be like me b****ing to ban fighting types moves because it limits my favorite pokemon competitively
---
i7-3970X Extreme ~ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ~ 32 GB DDR3-2133 ~ 10 TB 7200RPM ~ 500 GB SSD ~ 690 x2 ~ 1200 W PSU Gold ~
#27NinjaKitsunePosted 3/16/2013 12:55:59 AM
i never got the butthurt caused by sr. its called competitive pokemon, meaning that you play to win. If charizard doesnt help you win then move on and pick better pokemon. its would be like me b****ing to ban fighting types moves because it limits my favorite pokemon competitively

You're missing the part where you have to deal with only having 50-75% of your health on entry, highly limited ability to switch out, and still have fighting types on top of that.
---
"If I have to come down there again, I will personally blowtorch random people!"
They don't call him Psycho Bob for nothing
#28kuwab0Posted 3/16/2013 12:58:23 AM
karasu009 posted...
kuwab0 posted...
karasu009 posted...
Because it isn't that bad.

If they ban SR, they should ban all of the other hazards. Which is dumb.

Taking 50 percent off a Pokemons health isn't bad?

Oh sorry, I forgot Charizard was the meta-game. (or any of the other Pokémon that are 4x weak).

It is a viable strategy, and if you can't develop a way to counter it, you deserve it.

So is evasion but that's banned.
#29Noblesse_ObligePosted 3/16/2013 1:40:24 AM
Because pokemon like dragonite, salamance, gyarados, volcarana, etc would run roughshod over the metagame without it.
#30MusicVisualizerPosted 3/16/2013 1:46:52 AM
So is evasion but that's banned.

Wouldn't that bring rise to things like taunt, haze, roar, whirlwind, circle throw, or dragon tail? Red card usage would most likely see an increase as well. Though a lot of these are stopped if a substitute is set up, and it doesn't help that it can be learned by everything that can also learn double team.
---
Music for the eyes.