This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When will we stop getting all the Pokemon playable in a single game?

#113121987Posted 3/15/2013 6:32:00 PM
I am not talking about Pokemon being obtainable in a single game, but when will we stop having all Pokemon programmed into a game?

Be realistic, if the Pokemon count keeps increasing, the amount of work it will take to make each generation will increase. 800, 900, 1000 Pokemon? 2000?

The point is not about memory space, but more about the work and effort required to program all this Pokemon into the game. There has to be a limit somewhere, sometime down the road.

When is that limit?
#2ODommPosted 3/15/2013 6:33:10 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day actually.

It certainly has to end at some point, but they can remake and rehash every game to hell an back, so that day is far away.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~
#3ExcaliburOwnerPosted 3/15/2013 8:26:14 PM
I guess that's why new systems exist. The more powerful the system the game is in, the more Pokemon they can fit in. The problem is that the graphics and gameplay part may not change much because of this. In other words, I think the new looks of X and Y will be definitive and will be repeated in all future main games, so when a new Gen begins, they don't need to worry much about the other aspects of the game and focus on the new Pokemon added.

However, we've actually saw this limitation you talk about in the new Mystery Dungeon game.