This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To be honest...

#1MarbychuPosted 3/16/2013 6:08:00 AM
I actually don't like Gen 1. Now, this isn't because the genwunners annoy me, but rather because there was barely anything good in them.

Now, I've played RBY, but I didn't see the charm in them. Only 151 Pokemon to choose from, not nearly as many moves as there are now, and frankly, Psychic types are overpowered in Gen 1. Especially Mewtwo.

The only good thing I see is the introduction of Pikagod. And Pokemon Stadium. For some reason, I think it's a cool game.

But most of my favorite Pokemon (other than Pikagod) were Gen 2+. Espeon, Reshiram, Piplup, and Mudkip (inb4soiherduliekmudkipz).

I'm not trying to start a war here, I'm just stating why I don't like Gen 1.

tl;dr: Gen 1 wasn't that good IN MY OPINION.
---
Official Team Miror Infinity Admin!!! Shadow Pokemon: Pikagod!
#2henriuePosted 3/16/2013 6:37:17 AM
It was an awesome game that didn't age well, it had many good points, a collector monster game, a solid system, a solid universe (which digimon still does not have). although it is unfair to compair it with today's games, since they were refined, special split, breeding, dark and steel etc... but back them it was as good and fun as they'd come. try to compare FFX and FFI, it'll be highly unfair.

also... *grabs popcorn*
---
I'll have something to write here someday.
#3Marbychu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 7:16:52 AM
Bump
---
#4JonnyBoot123Posted 3/16/2013 7:19:33 AM
I have never had fun playing any other pokemon other than RBY. New monsters that dont even remotely resemble animals was a huge turn off. so many gimmicks my head would spin. Pokemon began looking like machines. so if your opinion on RBY is that they sucked I can only guess you were probably born between 1997 and 2000.

Red, Blue, and Yellow were undisputed masterpeices
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig. Don't look at my quote.
#5Marbychu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 7:21:40 AM
JonnyBoot123 posted...
I have never had fun playing any other pokemon other than RBY. New monsters that dont even remotely resemble animals was a huge turn off. so many gimmicks my head would spin. Pokemon began looking like machines. so if your opinion on RBY is that they sucked I can only guess you were probably born between 1997 and 2000.

I'm not saying they suck. I'm just saying I don't like them.

Big difference there.
---
#6Arne83Posted 3/16/2013 7:24:07 AM
JonnyBoot123 posted...

Remind me... what animals were Voltorb and Magnemite based off of again? And what machines do Epseon and Absol resemble?
---
"Oh no...wiki has attained self-consciousness!" -SOLDIER_Bankai
#7MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/16/2013 7:24:26 AM
JonnyBoot123 posted...

*attempts to take post seriously*

*gives up*
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Shadow Jolteon of Team Miror Infinity
#8killbot357Posted 3/16/2013 7:26:54 AM
JonnyBoot123 posted...

RBY were great for the time, but have not aged well. Later games were more complicated and had better gameplay. Hardly 'undisputed masterpieces.'

Black and White are my favorite of the games thus far, though I didn't bother to pick up Black and White 2.

Also, I was born in 1981, and played Red as a senior in high school, so your second assumption doesn't hold water.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Borderlands 2
#9JonnyBoot123Posted 3/16/2013 7:38:11 AM
ITT: angry 15 year olds
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig. Don't look at my quote.
#10Arne83Posted 3/16/2013 7:42:32 AM
JonnyBoot123 posted...
ITT: angry 15 year olds

Yes... because if someone disagrees with you, that must mean that they are a child... there is no other possible explanation.
---
"Oh no...wiki has attained self-consciousness!" -SOLDIER_Bankai