This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To be honest...

#11dwdwdw6Posted 3/16/2013 8:48:44 AM
JonnyBoot123 posted...
I have never had fun playing any other pokemon other than RBY. New monsters that dont even remotely resemble animals was a huge turn off. so many gimmicks my head would spin. Pokemon began looking like machines. so if your opinion on RBY is that they sucked I can only guess you were probably born between 1997 and 2000.

Red, Blue, and Yellow were undisputed masterpeices

lol
#12Gsus_94Posted 3/16/2013 8:53:59 AM
I love playing pokemon yellow for its glitches and old battle mechanics surprisingly, but I recognize that the games have aged and all the other games just have more to offer (gen 3 probably being my favorite most likely, but I love all of them).

I recently went through pokemon blue and decided to get all 151 pokemon without trading one time for fun and i was able to do it :) you really can "catch them all" without external devices lol. Also I used Persian with Slash for the critical hit every time and used a lot of hyper beam on both him and Tauros. You can't really do any of this in the later games and it's the only reason I still play them.

I wish I could find a place that changes the batteries of GSC (anybody know of a place in lower Manhattan?)
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311 (Use this one unless specified)
#13DoctorJimmy133Posted 3/16/2013 8:55:49 AM
You don't have to like Gen I to be a fan, but you do have to respect it, not only for starting and popularizing the series, but also because it's a work of genius. The fact that they packed such a complex and diverse game into a Game Boy cartridge in the '90s is insane.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#14henriuePosted 3/16/2013 9:11:22 AM
killbot357 posted...
Black and White are my favorite of the games thus far, though I didn't bother to pick up Black and White 2.

You should! Especially since you played black and white, it's like playing GSC after you played RBY, it feels extra special, seeing unova 2 years later and see how the characters changed.
---
I'll have something to write here someday.