This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My formula for making Charizard a better pokemon in general

#1iKhanicPosted 3/16/2013 12:15:08 PM
Notice I didn't say a tier, just better.

1. Introduce a Sp. Attack version of Belly Drum OR give Charizard another Sp. Atk boosting move. It doesn't make sense that Charizard doesn't get any Sp. Atk boosting moves despite being a Sp. Atk based pokemon.

2. Get rid of the damage reduction of Solar Power. It doesn't make sense that a move that gives half the boost Chlorophyll gives causes 1/8th damage per turn

3. Give him hurricane, or make a better special flying type move

4. Give him Draco Meteor.

This is honestly what I'd like to see for Charizard in the next gen. Not anything outrageous like changing his type or adding a 3rd type or a 4th evo or something.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/16/2013 12:21:19 PM(edited)
iKhanic posted...

1. Introduce a Sp. Attack version of Belly Drum OR give Charizard another Sp. Atk boosting move. It doesn't make sense that Charizard doesn't get any Sp. Atk boosting moves despite being a Sp. Atk based pokemon.

2. Get rid of the damage reduction of Solar Power. It doesn't make sense that a move that gives half the boost Chlorophyll gives causes 1/8th damage per turn

This is honestly what I'd like to see for Charizard in the next gen. Not anything outrageous like changing his type or adding a 3rd type or a 4th evo or something.

#4 contradicts with your last statement as only dragon-types can learn Draco Meteor. Regardless of all these great additions he will still be in the same miserable state he's in now because of Stealth Rock
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#3Gardevoir47Posted 3/16/2013 12:18:26 PM
Sry, but I disagree with Draco Meteor.

That one makes no sense. Even Arceus couldn't learn it until it held a Dragon Plate.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 7849 1598
BTW, The Game
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 3/16/2013 12:20:01 PM
iKhanic posted...

When would he use it?
He always loses half of his life when as soon as he's sent out.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#5iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 12:26:05 PM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
iKhanic posted...

#4 contradicts with your last statement as only dragon-types can learn Draco Meteor. Regardless of all these great additions he will still be in the same miserable state he's in now because of Stealth Rock

Thats not outrageous. Payday could be learned by every pokemon in gen 1. Then it became the Meowth line's signature move. Signature moves go other pokemon all the time. Why can't Draco Meteor go to non dragon types in a new gen? Plus Jirachi.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#6D_BartPosted 3/16/2013 12:28:14 PM
Draco Meteor wouldn't be that useful on Charizard. No STAB and Charizard doesn't exactly enjoy switching in and out.
---
Splash
#7Hardy_Fan21Posted 3/16/2013 12:28:44 PM
I always thought it was daft they made Tail Glow limited to just Volbeat and Manaphy. Would be perfect for a Special Attacker Charizard. I mean his tail's on fire, how is that not glowing?
---
Will not change this sig until the 30th WWE Triple Crown Champion is crowned. (Started 20/06/2011)
#8KitschgardenerPosted 3/16/2013 12:32:19 PM(edited)
Agree with #2 - the sun damage aspect of Solar Power made no sense to me. Don't think it would be broken, all else equal.

I always thought it was daft they made Tail Glow limited to just Volbeat and Manaphy. Would be perfect for a Special Attacker Charizard. I mean his tail's on fire, how is that not glowing?

It literally means "Firefly Light" in Japanese, and if Pokémon with fiery tails got it (Moltres, etc.) Charizard would still be outclassed.
#9AnclationPosted 3/16/2013 12:36:35 PM
My formula for making Charizard have a better fanbase in general:

1. Stop making so many topics about Charizard.

2. Stop acting like Game Freak has some kind of duty to improve him competitively.

3. Stop bashing other Pokemon to make Charizard look better.

4. Stop obsessing so much about one single Pokemon.
#10D_BartPosted 3/16/2013 12:37:35 PM
Kitschgardener posted...

It literally means "Firefly Light" in Japanese, and if Pokémon with fiery tails got it (Moltres, etc.) Charizard would still be outclassed.

Tail glow is based on bio-luminescence, which is why Manaphy also gets it.

Still doesn't explain why Lanturn and a few others don't get it either, though.
---
Splash