This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My formula for making Charizard a better pokemon in general

#11iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 1:05:21 PM(edited)
D_Bart posted...
Draco Meteor wouldn't be that useful on Charizard. No STAB and Charizard doesn't exactly enjoy switching in and out.

But Charizard's role is as either a mixed or special attacking sweeper. The Dragon attack would allow Charizard to hit more different types.

Honestly, on a sun team, I'd make the enhanced charizard's movepool this:

Fire Blast
Draco Meteor
Sp. Atk version of Dragon Dance.
Flying version of Flamethrower

EDIT: Removed Solar Beam, because I forgot I made a better flying move.

Anclation posted...
3. Stop bashing other Pokemon to make Charizard look better.

I don't do this. I hate everything about Volcarona except for its stats. I think Blaziken IS overrated, but I don't dislike it. If I wanted to bash other pokemon to make Charizard look better, I'd bash Moltres and Ho-Oh, but I don't. Ho-Oh's my favorite legendary, and while I'm certainly no fan of Moltres, I don't really hate it, and most dislike I have to it is its lack of utility in the gen 1 games.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#12IrisVilePosted 3/16/2013 12:44:08 PM
Or play Blaze mixed Zard...or magic bounce/coat support rapidspin or play Zard better.
---
One Girl + One Eevee = A Solo Run To RuleThem All http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/60725080
#13AnclationPosted 3/16/2013 1:14:58 PM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
Anclation posted...

I don't do this. I hate everything about Volcarona except for its stats. I think Blaziken IS overrated, but I don't dislike it. If I wanted to bash other pokemon to make Charizard look better, I'd bash Moltres and Ho-Oh, but I don't.

That reminds me:

5: Stop acting like the only reason Charizard is not universally loved is its NU status. People who dislike Charizard, or consider him overrated, usually do so for reasons that have nothing to do with the metagame. His place in NU is frequently brought up to troll Charizard fanboys, but that's merely a result of the anti-Charizard backlash, not the reason behind it.

Blastoise (fellow Gen 1 box art starter), Blaziken (most popular fire starter besides Charizard) and Volcarona (4X rock weak Pokemon that still made it to OU) are all compared with Charizard more frequently than Moltres or Ho Oh, because the reason behind Pokemon rivalries rarely have to do with team building (Volcarona is only brought up to rebut silly excuses about how stealth rocks are all what stand between Charizard and OU, not because Charizard actually competes with him for a slot on OU teams). Not to mention, most Charizard fans think of Charizard as a dragon before they think of him as a flying type. Which reminds me of how the only obvious Charizard rival I haven't seen you bash is Reshiram.

Edit: Example of bashing other Pokemon to make Charizard look better:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65535970
#14MugilokoPosted 3/16/2013 1:13:52 PM
F*** the charizard topics
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#15iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 1:22:43 PM
Anclation posted...
iKhanic posted...
Anclation posted...

I don't do this. I hate everything about Volcarona except for its stats. I think Blaziken IS overrated, but I don't dislike it. If I wanted to bash other pokemon to make Charizard look better, I'd bash Moltres and Ho-Oh, but I don't.

That reminds me:

5: Stop acting like the only reason Charizard is not universally loved is its NU status. People who dislike Charizard, or consider him overrated, usually do so for reasons that have nothing to do with the metagame. His place in NU is frequently brought up to troll Charizard fanboys, but that's merely a result of the anti-Charizard backlash, not the reason behind it.

Blastoise (fellow Gen 1 box art starter), Blaziken (most popular fire starter besides Charizard) and Volcarona (4X rock weak Pokemon that still made it to OU) are all compared with Charizard more frequently than Moltres or Ho Oh, because the reason behind Pokemon rivalries rarely have to do with team building (Volcarona is only brought up to rebut silly excuses about how stealth rocks are all what stand between Charizard and OU, not because Charizard actually competes with him for a slot on OU teams). Not to mention, most Charizard fans think of Charizard as a dragon before they think of him as a flying type. Which reminds me of how the only obvious Charizard rival I haven't seen you bash is Reshiram.

I'm not. Thats why I put the disclaimer at the top of the post. As a Charizard fan, I want him to be improved in general. Whether that's improved in-game, improved in NU, or improved to OU, I don't really care.

I don't exactly remember why I like Charizard or hate Blastoise, but it goes back to when I was a little kid and didn't even know about the existence of tiers. I believe I thought Blastoise was overrated before I got into Pokemon, and when I got in, I thought the Fire dragon was way cooler.

I never bash Blaziken, I just call him overrated, and yeah, that sort of is because Charizard. I actually like Blaziken though, he's my 3rd favorite Fire starter.

I hate everything about Volcarona. Yes, that includes it outclassing charizard, but is definitely not limited to that. I hate its horrible overcomplicated mashup design. I hate its typing, and I hate that its a moth. In fact, I almost never vent about Volcarona's stats or competitive utility. I vent about its nasty looking design.

I love Reshiram. He's my favorite Gen V legendary, and he's the sole reason I'm playing Black over white right now. Why? Because I just can't dislike a Fire pokemon that's not weak to Water.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#16ThatPersonGuyPosted 3/16/2013 1:48:26 PM
Anclation posted...
My formula for making Charizard have a better fanbase in general:

1. Stop making so many topics about Charizard.

2. Stop acting like Game Freak has some kind of duty to improve him competitively.

4. Stop obsessing so much about one single Pokemon.

My formula for making Venasaur have a better fanbase in general:

1. Stop making so many anti Charizard topics.

2. Stop acting like Charizard has more fanboys than haters on Gamefaqs.

3. Stop bashing other starters to make Venasaur look better.

4. Stop obsessing so much about hating one single Pokemon.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItm3iAonVo
Message board arguments in a nutshell.
#17ThatPersonGuyPosted 3/16/2013 1:50:22 PM
Anclation posted...
iKhanic posted...
Anclation posted...

That reminds me:

Edit: Example of bashing other Pokemon to make Charizard look better:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65535970

Because that TC wanted to make the topic more interesting than a 499 post long chain of saying Charizard?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItm3iAonVo
Message board arguments in a nutshell.
#18AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/16/2013 2:07:13 PM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
iKhanic posted...
Notice I didn't say a tier, just better.

1. Introduce a Sp. Attack version of Belly Drum OR give Charizard another Sp. Atk boosting move. It doesn't make sense that Charizard doesn't get any Sp. Atk boosting moves despite being a Sp. Atk based pokemon.

2. Get rid of the damage reduction of Solar Power. It doesn't make sense that a move that gives half the boost Chlorophyll gives causes 1/8th damage per turn

3. Give him hurricane, or make a better special flying type move

4. Give him Draco Meteor.

This is honestly what I'd like to see for Charizard in the next gen. Not anything outrageous like changing his type or adding a 3rd type or a 4th evo or something.

#4 contradicts with your last statement as only dragon-types can learn Draco Meteor. Regardless of all these great additions he will still be in the same miserable state he's in now because of Stealth Rock

Thats not outrageous. Payday could be learned by every pokemon in gen 1. Then it became the Meowth line's signature move. Signature moves go other pokemon all the time. Why can't Draco Meteor go to non dragon types in a new gen? Plus Jirachi.

Draco Meteor is not a signature move it is a move tutor move -__- And only 18 out of 151 pokemon can learn Payday and it was still Mewoth's Signature move in gen 1. Jirachi gets DM via an event and I doubt the same will happen to Charizard. Even so...Charizard will still be in the same state he's in now.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181