This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i dont seem to fit in with other pokemon players

#11TIGERJACKS0NPosted 3/16/2013 7:57:07 PM
i agree with the part about not touching EV's & stuff. just not my thing. matter fact i agree with your whole post, i wouldn't want people to know i played pkmn either. but then again i don't even have any friends or know people ever since i left high school.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZKnlH.jpg -my girlfriend <3
http://i.imgur.com/JN9dp.jpg -I love her so much ^_^
#12Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/16/2013 7:57:20 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
wind64a posted...
I guess you could try to be more open about it if you think it's something worth playing. If your friends don't support you on innocent hobbys and just make fun of you, then you might want to reevaluate who you hang out with normally. Being yourself in public is a good thing.

i dont think anyone would make fun of me, and i dont really care if they would. i think its more of me and my own personal view on it than worrying about what others think. and i also am not sure if i like pokemon for the same reasons as other people.

to be honest, it could be any game that im playing, not necessarily pokemon. i just like matching wits against other good players. to me, thats where the thrill comes from. i would NEVER take the time out to bother EV training or IV training like those guys, and thats kind of why i respected them for having that passion for the game when i know that i myself cant.

basically, i guess the way i saw it was because they play pokemon because they like it, while i play pokemon because its just a tool for me to play another competitive game.

Then you must have some interest in it for some reason, otherwise you could easily pass on it. Considering there are plenty of other competitive games, Breeder RPG or not.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#13Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 8:01:49 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Then you must have some interest in it for some reason, otherwise you could easily pass on it. Considering there are plenty of other competitive games, Breeder RPG or not.

i just like to compete at that high tier level. pokemon is one of the few games that i can play at that level consistently, while most other games i usually just end up being average or worse.
---
imanalt.
#14greppsPosted 3/16/2013 8:25:15 PM
I play pokemon casually, but it's still pretty popular. Every time I post a facebook status about something that happened in my game I get a ton of likes and comments usually. It might be because I'm a girl, but I think pokemon are considered cool (At least the games). My super trendy friend even got a 3DS and told me how excited he was for Pokemon X/Y and he wouldn't do anything embarrassing.
#15ragefan187Posted 3/16/2013 8:31:18 PM
Be open about it, I always tell girls when texting that im playing Pokemon, some of them are like wtf, some don't care. Don't be ashamed about a hobby you like.