This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny with Memento

#1HardHorseJamPosted 3/16/2013 7:48:33 PM
Is there a way to deal with Memento so it won't kill itself? The only thing I can think of is a Master Ball. I think the other problem moves are answered by Damp or Suction Cups.

If there isn't a way, I hope there is next gen. I had a look and think Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Hoppip and Litwick all had Memento in the wild in BW2. There must be players that have already suffered one of those using Memento (and the other problem moves). :o It's my worst Pokemon nightmare.... It hasn't happened to me yet...
#2The_Sol_BladerPosted 3/16/2013 7:49:42 PM
Taunt or puttin them to sleep
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://oi47.tinypic.com/24bup9d.jpg
#3FuneralCakePosted 3/16/2013 7:49:54 PM
Taunt
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#4Meta289Posted 3/16/2013 7:50:19 PM
Taunt, put it to sleep, or just throw a ball at it and hope it works.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#5Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/16/2013 7:54:52 PM
Their catch rates of those specific Pokemon aren't normally that bad. You can probably catch them by just encountering them and tossing a Poke'ball (which seems quite effective since the last few gens 4+, I literally and barely bother to whittle Pokemon health down to capture them or status them unless they are a legendary with an insane catch rate.)
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#6HardHorseJam(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 1:19:14 AM
Thanks, I should have thought of Taunt.

Taunt is also needed for Perish Song. Soundproof isn't good enough as they will still die. It will also stop Roar and Whirlwind.

The only Pokemon that will always work against Weezing (and Skuntank) is Frillish/Jellicent because it is the only Damp Taunter. Wild Weezing can know both Explosion and Memento.

So I guess the best catchers are a duo of Smeargle with False Swipe, Foresight, Spore and Mean Look and Damp Jellicent with Taunt, both at lv100 to outspeed.

Mewtwo_soul posted...
Their catch rates of those specific Pokemon aren't normally that bad. You can probably catch them by just encountering them and tossing a Poke'ball (which seems quite effective since the last few gens 4+, I literally and barely bother to whittle Pokemon health down to capture them or status them unless they are a legendary with an insane catch rate.)

I'm looking for something that will not let Pokemon use those moves 100% of the time. That won't always work.
#7SerperiorThanUPosted 3/17/2013 10:53:52 AM
HardHorseJam posted...

Taunt is also needed for Perish Song. Soundproof isn't good enough as they will still die. It will also stop Roar and Whirlwind.

The only Pokemon that will always work against Weezing (and Skuntank) is Frillish/Jellicent because it is the only Damp Taunter. Wild Weezing can know both Explosion and Memento.

So I guess the best catchers are a duo of Smeargle with False Swipe, Foresight, Spore and Mean Look and Damp Jellicent with Taunt, both at lv100 to outspeed.

Mewtwo_soul posted...

I'm looking for something that will not let Pokemon use those moves 100% of the time. That won't always work.

Use a Muk with Explosion, Memento, and Imprison. Too bad that leaves that Muk pretty useless for actually using it
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/17/2013 10:59:53 AM
HardHorseJam posted...

Mewtwo_soul posted...

It won't always work, but a majority of the time it does. Why I made mention of the easy catch rate of gen 4+.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.