This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"The games internal battery has run dry."

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. "The games internal battery has run dry."
3 years ago#1
Got this message when I started up my Emerald this morning. Had a minor heart attack, expecting the save file to be gone,, it was still there. Saved and restarted, still there.

Does the save loss only apply in the Gen 2 games when it comes to the internal battery?
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
3 years ago#2
Why does it say that, if nothing is wrong?
No! Because I work at ze muffin factory!
3 years ago#3
The battery dying in RSE creates an entirely different issue: you can no longer do timed events. Fortunately, your save being lost forever because the battery ran dry is something exclusive to the GB games.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly. --Carolyn Janice Cherryh
3 years ago#4
Yeah, the battery in Gen III only controls the clock. Anything time-based won't work (such as berry growing) but otherwise it's fine.
Gen Sixers: Uno
3 years ago#5
That message only apply to clock based events in the game. Such as berries growing, days passing, mirage island appearing, etc.

So your save file is safe just a few minor feature are no longer available.
3 years ago#6
can you crack open the cartridge and replace the battery? Or is it some obscure type?
3 years ago#7
Phew, thats a relief. What about the post game Groudon and Kyogre, though? The main reason I dug out the game was to grab a friend of mine a Groudon.

And, since the battery running dry made me a slight bit paranoid, I dug out my old Pokémon Gold...its battery is dry as well. Thats...rather childhood shattering. Gold was my first game ever :/ not as big of a loss, since the games been remade, but still...
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
3 years ago#8
I'm afraid to check my old games now.
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
3 years ago#9
this is supposedly a fix for the problem. I had this with my sapphire too, but i haven't tried anything yet.
Try this at own risk.
3 years ago#10
It's better than buying one and getting "The save file will be loaded. The game can be played"
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. "The games internal battery has run dry."

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived