This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"The games internal battery has run dry."

#1solarisjediPosted 3/17/2013 1:11:19 AM
Got this message when I started up my Emerald this morning. Had a minor heart attack, expecting the save file to be gone, but...no, it was still there. Saved and restarted, still there.

Does the save loss only apply in the Gen 2 games when it comes to the internal battery?
---
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
#2LightningAce11Posted 3/17/2013 1:11:51 AM
Why does it say that, if nothing is wrong?
---
http://www.gifbin.com/f/981329
No! Because I work at ze muffin factory!
#3LioleiaPosted 3/17/2013 1:13:13 AM
The battery dying in RSE creates an entirely different issue: you can no longer do timed events. Fortunately, your save being lost forever because the battery ran dry is something exclusive to the GB games.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly. --Carolyn Janice Cherryh
#4RadioRebelPosted 3/17/2013 1:13:31 AM
Yeah, the battery in Gen III only controls the clock. Anything time-based won't work (such as berry growing) but otherwise it's fine.
---
Gen Sixers: Uno
Hoennbabbies: STRANDED IN MICHIGAN!
#5FowhawkPosted 3/17/2013 1:14:02 AM
That message only apply to clock based events in the game. Such as berries growing, days passing, mirage island appearing, etc.

So your save file is safe just a few minor feature are no longer available.
#6Joe_CrowPosted 3/17/2013 1:20:12 AM
can you crack open the cartridge and replace the battery? Or is it some obscure type?
#7solarisjedi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 1:21:07 AM
Phew, thats a relief. What about the post game Groudon and Kyogre, though? The main reason I dug out the game was to grab a friend of mine a Groudon.

And, since the battery running dry made me a slight bit paranoid, I dug out my old Pokémon Gold...its battery is dry as well. Thats...rather childhood shattering. Gold was my first game ever :/ not as big of a loss, since the games been remade, but still...
---
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
#8UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/17/2013 1:22:06 AM
I'm afraid to check my old games now.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#9torentdragonPosted 3/17/2013 1:42:43 AM
www.choochoobot.com/builds/gbafix001.html
this is supposedly a fix for the problem. I had this with my sapphire too, but i haven't tried anything yet.
Try this at own risk.
---
:/
#10DarkDragon386Posted 3/17/2013 6:59:12 AM
It's better than buying one and getting "The save file will be loaded. The game can be played"
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)