This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yet Another Graphics Topics

#1emolsifierPosted 3/17/2013 6:34:59 AM
I've been looking at the trailer and talking to a few buddies of mine about this game. One thing that struck me was the graphics. Make no mistake, I appreciate the graphics as a good step up from the 2D sprites of the previous generations. I am however unimpressed with the "DS-era" polygons. I have seen Dragon Quest Monsters 3DS and the graphics employed there are leagues ahead of the current trailer.

Now I've heard that Gamefreak has announced that they'll be polishing the graphics and so on. I heard this from my buddy who claims he read it on Serebii.

I would appreciate if someone could link the article that states the above point.
---
Newbie PKMN Trainer: 0132-8070-8825 BLACK
#2XazealPosted 3/17/2013 6:36:55 AM
Pokemon has never been that impressive graphics-wise. I don't know why anyone expected that to change.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#3MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/17/2013 6:39:14 AM
emolsifier posted...
I've been looking at the trailer and talking to a few buddies of mine about this game. One thing that struck me was the graphics. Make no mistake, I appreciate the graphics as a good step up from the 2D sprites of the previous generations. I am however unimpressed with the "DS-era" polygons. I have seen Dragon Quest Monsters 3DS and the graphics employed there are leagues ahead of the current trailer.

Now I've heard that Gamefreak has announced that they'll be polishing the graphics and so on. I heard this from my buddy who claims he read it on Serebii.

I would appreciate if someone could link the article that states the above point.

Let's just start by saying that 3DS graphics always look worse in trailers.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Shadow Jolteon of Team Miror Infinity
#4torentdragonPosted 3/17/2013 6:40:40 AM
I think has also something to do with the fact that the 3ds screen is much smaller than your computer screen.
The ratio's make it look less impressive.
---
:/