This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Type chart for "Sacred" light type

#11KitschgardenerPosted 3/17/2013 10:41:00 AM
>SE against Poison
>Resists Poison
>Resisted by Steel
>Weak to Dragon
>Resisted by Dragon

See, this is a compelling argument from a balance perspective against a Light/Holy/whatever type. Since it is also a "Clean" type, Light type proposals tend to nerf already beleaguered types like Poison (though more usually Dark and Ghost, which are currently okay types overall).

For Steel and Dragon to get better really makes no sense from a gameplay perspective, nor really from a flavour/theory perspective either.
#12iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:50:08 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
>SE against Poison
>Resists Poison
>Resisted by Steel
>Weak to Dragon
>Resisted by Dragon

See, this is a compelling argument from a balance perspective against a Light/Holy/whatever type. Since it is also a "Clean" type, Light type proposals tend to nerf already beleaguered types like Poison (though more usually Dark and Ghost, which are currently okay types overall).

For Steel and Dragon to get better really makes no sense from a gameplay perspective, nor really from a flavour/theory perspective either.

Well, yeah. I made a topic a while ago about an ideal new type in terms of balance. The topic purely in terms of logic.

But I'm curious as to what your logical type chart would look like.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#13ArabianPenguinsPosted 3/17/2013 11:19:30 AM
While I am neutral on a new type being added to Pokemon, these ideas are really interesting. Of course, I do not partake in any competitive battles, so others will not agree, but still it's a cool idea nonetheless. Great job TC.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#14xyzlacticPosted 3/21/2013 12:56:45 AM
Light should resist dragon and beat dragon.
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#15MasajubPosted 3/21/2013 1:07:12 AM
You've just buffed a whole bunch of types that need nerfing and nerfed a whole bunch of types that need buffing.

Ideally a new type should be good against Steel, Water and maybe Dragon and Fighting. It should also be weak to Poison and one of: Grass or Psychic.

I'd be inclined to pick something like Cyber, which doesn't really make sense with anything anyway so it can just be weak/strong to whatever.
#16ninjarauiPosted 3/21/2013 5:34:35 AM
I do believe you have slightly contradicted yourself when you say that Dragons have enough force to fight the divine, yet you say that you can't fight the divine with force alone as reasoning for a fighting resistance, flip the dragon res and weakness.
#17framewreckPosted 3/21/2013 6:05:13 AM
LOL New Type.
#18iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 6:06:30 AM
Masajub posted...
You've just buffed a whole bunch of types that need nerfing and nerfed a whole bunch of types that need buffing.

Ideally a new type should be good against Steel, Water and maybe Dragon and Fighting. It should also be weak to Poison and one of: Grass or Psychic.

I'd be inclined to pick something like Cyber, which doesn't really make sense with anything anyway so it can just be weak/strong to whatever.

You clearly haven't read the rest of the thread.

This is a type chart based on logic. I made one based on buffing and nerfing a while ago.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US