This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My bet on the Starters' Types

#1ODommPosted 3/17/2013 2:49:17 PM(edited)
Froakie: Water/Fighting; Will be a Physical attacker with a new Water type physical attack to compliment it. Fighting type can also counter Chespin's Dark typing.

Fennekin: Fire/Psychic; Special attacker that can counter Froakie's Fighting type. Possibly a new psychic/fire move

Chespin: Grass/Dark; Special/physical attacker that can counter Fennekin's Psychic type with dark moves while also being prone to fighting attacks by Froakie

Each starter has a type advantage on the other, making them all even to a degree. I guarantee these have a very high chance of being the starter typings.

discoos
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~
#2MugilokoPosted 3/17/2013 2:48:18 PM
Fire/Fighting
Mono Water
Grass/Steel
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/17/2013 2:48:19 PM
Froakie: Water/Electric

Fennekin: Fire/Psychic

Chespin: Grass/Steel
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#4purplezoroarkPosted 3/17/2013 2:49:19 PM
Inb4itscOLDinhere
Inb4thattriangleisnotbalanced

Seriously that's what most of the fans want, including myself
---
~official Natural Harmonia of ALL the pokemon boards
#5ODomm(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 2:49:38 PM
Why steel...?
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 3/17/2013 2:51:19 PM
Water/Psychic.
Fire or Fire/Dark.
Grass/Fighting or Grass/Steel.

Chespin will definitely not have anything to do with sharp pointy things and will certainly not evolve into something that has anything to do with spears or anything. Obviously not gonna have Fighting or Steel as part of him at all.

Froakie is absolutely not doing anything Psychic-ey with his hand touching the side of his head like that.

Fennekin looks like he might become Dark type or keep his pure Fire typing (don't have a real excuse for him).

If Fennekin becomes Fire/Dark and Chespin becomes Grass Fighting, the circle still goes both ways.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#7P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/17/2013 2:52:12 PM
ODomm posted...
Why steel...?

Spikes. I can see him being a tank.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#8KingTumbleweedPosted 3/17/2013 2:53:10 PM
Thanks for making a topic about it. It's not like hundreds of other users haven''t done the same. It's not like they posted the exact same ideas.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#9MettanAtemPosted 3/17/2013 2:55:34 PM
Water/Electric
Fire/Ghost
Grass/Rock

How about that one? Seem interesting enough for you?
#10ODomm(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 2:59:55 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Water/Psychic.
Fire or Fire/Dark.
Grass/Fighting or Grass/Steel.

Chespin will definitely not have anything to do with sharp pointy things and will certainly not evolve into something that has anything to do with spears or anything. Obviously not gonna have Fighting or Steel as part of him at all.

Froakie is absolutely not doing anything Psychic-ey with his hand touching the side of his head like that.

Fennekin looks like he might become Dark type or keep his pure Fire typing (don't have a real excuse for him).

If Fennekin becomes Fire/Dark and Chespin becomes Grass Fighting, the circle still goes both ways.

Well yea the second type circle is interchangeable.
I honestly can't see Chespin being grass/steel though.. Just because he has spikes that doesn't make him a Steel type....
---