This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction if Nintendo released all the Pokemon games on the eShop, but...

#1Mega__ManPosted 3/17/2013 7:41:14 PM
with a twist. Say we got Red and Blue and even Fire Red and Leaf Green, Nibtendo can have us transfer pokemon from those games to Gen VI. Of course they'd have to edit all the original games and somehow allow transfers, but if Dream Radar can do it, why can't a main Pokemon game?
---
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/heeheex2/th_MM-1.jpg
#2-Zeke-Posted 3/17/2013 7:42:34 PM
Not gonna happen
---
"Official Toy Scraggy of the Pokemon Rumble U board"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
#3TheGreatEggmanPosted 3/17/2013 7:43:30 PM
I'd wake up, because, even though it would be awesome, it's not gonna happen.
---
TheGreatEggman:Trying to conquer the world and being foiled by a blue hedgehog since 1991. Also known as King Dedede! Offical Shadow Espeon: Team Miror Infinity
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/17/2013 7:45:05 PM
I'd loveto see Pokemon games on the E-shop but the rest is pretty much fantasy. (Except for maybe trades between same versions: IE: Red X Blue/Yellow and Ruby/Sapphire/etc.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#5FuneralCakePosted 3/17/2013 7:47:13 PM
There's no reason we wouldn't be able to transfer Pokemon from the older games to gen 6. It's 100% possible.

I probably wouldn't play the old games again though, because I don't find them to be that good anymore. The oldest Pokemon games I'd ever seriously consider replaying are gen 4 games.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#6Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/17/2013 7:51:17 PM
FuneralCake posted...
There's no reason we wouldn't be able to transfer Pokemon from the older games to gen 6. It's 100% possible.

I probably wouldn't play the old games again though, because I don't find them to be that good anymore. The oldest Pokemon games I'd ever seriously consider replaying are gen 4 games.

Meh, there is a reason.

They wouldn't want to haveto change certain mechanics/etc. Or have to add a thing to trades that gives abilities to pre-Gen III Pokemon (and what happens if a pokemon has a ability it can no longer earn past a specific gen, or a move pool move?/etc.)

There's plenty of reasons they won't do it and it probably wouldn't end up too successful, not without adding a bunch of limitations such as specific moves being on specific Pokemon.
---
#7FuneralCakePosted 3/17/2013 7:54:35 PM
It would actually be incredibly easy to convert "old format" Pokemon into "new format." The only reason they wouldn't do this conversion is if they just don't feel like doing it. It would be an easy thing to do.
---
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/17/2013 7:56:53 PM
FuneralCake posted...
It would actually be incredibly easy to convert "old format" Pokemon into "new format." The only reason they wouldn't do this conversion is if they just don't feel like doing it. It would be an easy thing to do.

Meh, the problem still resides within movepools, and gen specific abilities.

What do they do when transferring, just allow the incorrect moves to remain on a Gen VI move set for said Pokemon, or would they flat out delete them? (In that case we could have instances with people having NO moves on their pokemon from transfer which would be pointless) The ability thing would also be odd, because then it'd literally come down to a coin flip to which Pokemon abiity it would recieve/etc.

I agree the rest is easy, but there are some problems to the concept still, just as mentioned.
---
#9FuneralCakePosted 3/17/2013 8:11:47 PM
Sure, they could delete old, unobtainable moves, or just leave them be. If moves are deleted and the Pokemon would be left with no moves, give it the starting (level 1) moves. It's easy.

Abilities are more or less random anyway, so I don't see the issue. Or just default them to the hidden abilities.
---
#10Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/17/2013 8:13:39 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Sure, they could delete old, unobtainable moves, or just leave them be. If moves are deleted and the Pokemon would be left with no moves, give it the starting (level 1) moves. It's easy.

Abilities are more or less random anyway, so I don't see the issue. Or just default them to the hidden abilities.

Meh, more or less, either way those solutions are going to cause complaints which in either way I bet Nintendo would want to avert. (which is why even if they were available, I don't think they'd allow us to trade to the newest gen)
---