This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please give us multiple save files

#11iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:00:41 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Accrovideogames posted...
I'd use a second save file for Nuzlocke challenges instead of using emulation for them. In other words, Nintendo would be helping in fighting piracy if they allowed us more than one save file.

I'm sure you're joking on that statement.

Pirates are going to pirate regardless.

This is why video games are far more pirated then movies,music or books.

Source?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#12SMASHKING84Posted 3/17/2013 10:07:04 PM
iKhanic posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
I'd use a second save file for Nuzlocke challenges instead of using emulation for them. In other words, Nintendo would be helping in fighting piracy if they allowed us more than one save file.

Source?

give me some time i lost the source so i'm googling
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtFIxyAP3MI
#13karasu009Posted 3/17/2013 10:09:57 PM
Do you think Ludicolo's Rain Dish ability activates with all this crying?
---
I am the darkness, I am the dragon...I am Los Tiberon, Shark of the Land.
#14CharizardFirePosted 3/17/2013 10:11:13 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...

nobody's debating that.
but the more anti consumer practices a company practices the more wide spread the piracy.

People pirate books?
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#15SMASHKING84Posted 3/17/2013 10:16:44 PM
shockigly yes people pirate books(the digital versions of course)
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtFIxyAP3MI
#16AccrovideogamesPosted 3/17/2013 10:18:55 PM
CharizardFire posted...
People pirate books?

Yes and it's pretty widespread, especially with manga. You just scan the book and post it online for everyone to read.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#17Lance_HighwindPosted 3/17/2013 10:35:33 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
WTF do you want multiple save files for? 'Cause the only reason I could think of would be to bypass the social aspects of the game.

Because some people enjoy playing through the game again using pokemon they never tried before, or doing mono-type/nuzlocke runs and don't want to erase their saves. They may have event or EV trained pokemon on their file and not want to get rid of them.

How would it bypass the social aspect? It is a different save file on the same version, which means you'd still need to interact with people online or in person for the other version exclusives, or to battle.

If anything, NOT having multiple save files can lead to "bypassing the social aspect" because if people want to start a new file without erasing their time on the other game, like me, they go out and buy both versions, and then can trade version exclusives amongst themselves. So that reasoning seems silly to me.

Anyway, I always thought a good way for it to be done is to have the first file you create on the game be the one you can use online/trade with. And the second/however many file after the first cannot have any trading/battling abilities, nor can they be used to transfer to their other save(s).
---
Tra la la...
#18EnferolunosPosted 3/17/2013 10:36:53 PM
I can think of plenty of reasons to give 1 save file
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#19Twilight_SonataPosted 3/17/2013 10:40:52 PM
Lance_Highwind posted...
How would it bypass the social aspect?

Trading most severely. All of those options in the game of which Pokemon you're going to pick suddenly become totally meaningless because you don't need anybody to help you get all options.

Anyway, I always thought a good way for it to be done is to have the first file you create on the game be the one you can use online/trade with. And the second/however many file after the first cannot have any trading/battling abilities, nor can they be used to transfer to their other save(s).

That sounds terrible. Catch a shiny there or something and you can pretty much never show it off in any way? No thanks.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#20Lance_HighwindPosted 3/17/2013 10:51:03 PM(edited)
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Lance_Highwind posted...
How would it bypass the social aspect?

Trading most severely. All of those options in the game of which Pokemon you're going to pick suddenly become totally meaningless because you don't need anybody to help you get all options.

That sounds terrible. Catch a shiny there or something and you can pretty much never show it off in any way? No thanks.

I never said it was a good idea, it was just a suggestion for people who argue against being able to transfer to yourself. While it would suck to find a shiny on an alternate save file and not get to trade or show it off, it isn't really any different than people playing ROMs who find one and can't show that off either, which is what a second save file would be for. Just playing without losing everything.

And again, how would a second save file mean you no longer need help getting "all the options"? Save file one and save file two can only find the exact same pokemon. You would still need to trade for pokemon you can't get in-game regardless of how many save files there are.

---
Tra la la...