This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you guys believe that Gen 6 will introduce a new typing?

#1Sad_FacePosted 3/17/2013 10:44:02 PM
We all know it's possible but do you think they'll actually go through with it? - Results (127 votes)
Yes, Gen 6 will introduce at least 1 new typing.
28.35% (36 votes)
No, not happening. The type chart is fine as it is.
71.65% (91 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Since we know that they touted the 5th gen as being a reboot, we've seen at least 1 new eeveelution, and now that we have confirmation that the Anime series is going to have an Orange Islands-esque arc, do you think they'll go all the way to recreate the same amount of introductions made as Gen 2 made?
#2LexifoxPosted 3/17/2013 10:45:41 PM
I hope we don't get a new typing.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3Sad_Face(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:49:28 PM

Why not?
#4UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/17/2013 11:02:02 PM
I told my girlfriend if there were a new type, I'd let her keep my favorite hat. So I'm officially biased. But it just seems like a nonsensical thing to do now. There's no reason for a new type. And every suggestion I see on this board makes me wish I could punch people through my monitor.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#5solarisjediPosted 3/18/2013 1:06:32 AM
Sad_Face posted...

Why not?

Well for one thing, a new type isn't going to magically fix the balance issues between the current types. There has to be changes, not additions.

Granted, I wouldn't be againsta a new type, as long as it is properly balanced. Or at least not light type.
---
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
#6SephirothtPosted 3/18/2013 1:19:53 AM
solarisjedi posted...
Sad_Face posted...

Why not?

Well for one thing, a new type isn't going to magically fix the balance issues between the current types. There has to be changes, not additions.

Granted, I wouldn't be againsta a new type, as long as it is properly balanced. Or at least not light type.

This basically.
---
Official Jungo & Black Rider of the SMTIV board.
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Executive
#7Hierarchy225Posted 3/18/2013 1:20:18 AM
I really think the type chart is fine as is.
#8DonniedonzPosted 3/18/2013 1:24:53 AM
Lexifox posted...

This.
Any additional types would seem... Excessive.
---
A Scandalous Fox...
#9jayman7Posted 3/18/2013 2:03:38 AM
I don't care if they add a new type so long as they're smart about it, though it'd be worth it to see all the people against the idea whine.

Besides, a prime number larger than 11 (or maybe the odd 13) always kinda stands out as being incomplete. Though if we get a new type, we're most likely to get two, so... yeah, I guess that wouldn't solve that.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10xyzlacticPosted 3/18/2013 2:25:55 AM
Thier gonna add a new type
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh