This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you guys believe that Gen 6 will introduce a new typing?

#11TherianReturnsPosted 3/18/2013 2:26:56 AM
Light type is Normal type ffs
---
I shook hands with the new Pope. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#12LexifoxPosted 3/18/2013 2:28:44 AM
Sad_Face posted...
I hope we don't get a new typing.

Why not?

Among other things, odds are this isn't going to be a magical chart balancing type and there are good odds that it won't be implemented in a way that would help balance.

Second, it would mean either a massive retcon for existing Pokemon (types and moves), or they'd have to make a disproportionally large number of the new Pokemon belong to this typing, or else the new type(s) would be disproportionately small compared to the existing 800~ Pokemon.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#13RaidenHeroPosted 3/18/2013 2:37:58 AM
Personally i beleive they will...
#14Twilight_SonataPosted 3/18/2013 2:40:21 AM
xyzlactic posted...
Thier gonna add a new type

Wow, that's a new one.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#15Sad_Face(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:16:21 AM
I forgot this topic even existed >_>

Among other things, odds are this isn't going to be a magical chart balancing type and there are good odds that it won't be implemented in a way that would help balance.

That's purely speculation, and a really pessimistic view as well...

Second, it would mean either a massive retcon for existing Pokemon (types and moves), or they'd have to make a disproportionally large number of the new Pokemon belong to this typing, or else the new type(s) would be disproportionately small compared to the existing 800~ Pokemon.

I'm not seeing how this is a problem.