This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Charizard suck or is he just outclassed?

#1iKhanicPosted 3/18/2013 12:31:50 PM
Serious question that I'm curious about. Sort of like prior to 5th Gen Espeon was a great pokemon, but outclassed by Alakazam, and Lanturn is outclassed by Wash Rotom.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 3/18/2013 12:32:39 PM
Charizard just sucks.

It's in NU for a reason. If it was just outclassed, it would be higher up.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#3Rose_MagePosted 3/18/2013 12:34:21 PM
Outclassed.

Charizard can be used, but there are just more better options than it.

Like Volcarona or Chandelure.
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official DEOXYS fan and Caitlin of the Pokemon X board, Official Cherche of the FEA board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#4BrayWyattPosted 3/18/2013 12:38:07 PM
espeon isnt outclassed by alakazam..espeon has a different ability that can help entire teams, is less frail while only sacrificing speed and a small power difference. you have no idea what you're talking about
---
Believe in Bray Wyatt
#5Toasty_KabalPosted 3/18/2013 12:39:23 PM
Charizard does well on low tier sun teams. He is outclassed by other sun users.
---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu
#6Davidk92Posted 3/18/2013 12:39:45 PM
Charizard doesn't suck. He blows fire.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#7RazieruPosted 3/18/2013 12:40:01 PM
It sucks and is outclassed. Everyone is finally getting over the fact that it was never a dragon type to begin with. That, and its glaring 4x weakness to rock type attacks, stealth rock, and being a fire type in general puts it beyond the bottom of the barrel in value.

It doesn't help its move pool isn't built around its special attack stat as well. It's just overrated as hell thanks to the show and its design. Only its solar power ability gives it and ounce of value, and even it works against it as well.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#8Toasty_KabalPosted 3/18/2013 12:40:40 PM
BrayWyatt posted...
espeon isnt outclassed by alakazam..espeon has a different ability that can help entire teams, is less frail while only sacrificing speed and a small power difference. you have no idea what you're talking about

Did you miss the "prior to Gen 5" part?
---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu
#9BrayWyattPosted 3/18/2013 12:43:32 PM
BrayWyatt posted...

Did you miss the "prior to Gen 5" part?

especially not gen 4, where alakazam was murdered by the physical/special split. anything past that i can't remember
---
Believe in Bray Wyatt
#10iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 12:44:13 PM
Razieru posted...
It sucks and is outclassed. Everyone is finally getting over the fact that it was never a dragon type to begin with. That, and its glaring 4x weakness to rock type attacks, stealth rock, and being a fire type in general puts it beyond the bottom of the barrel in value.

It doesn't help its move pool isn't built around its special attack stat as well. It's just overrated as hell thanks to the show and its design. Only its solar power ability gives it and ounce of value, and even it works against it as well.

You speak as if being a Fire-type is a bad thing entirely. I'd say Fire ties only Fighting in usefulness in attacking type. Making it possibly the best specially attacking type out there.

The only big issue with Fire is that all but Reshiram are weak to Gamefreak's favorite type.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US