This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We should get Charizard to OU

#31Charizard4UberPosted 3/19/2013 2:29:24 PM
Why OU? oober pls
#32pokemonzeroPosted 3/19/2013 2:41:30 PM
Charizard4Uber posted...
Why OU? oober pls

Who's alt are you?
0 Karma account created today.

My alt senses are tingling!!!
---
Volunteer at Dream World Paradise. Jobs done 18--- William FC: 0648-5041-0950
Volunteer Cloner/RCer Jobs done:2
#33Dark_EinherjarPosted 3/19/2013 2:42:25 PM
pokemonzero posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...
I don't think I've seen you making Charizard topics before...

Well, here it is.

pokemonfreak97's Charizard/Volcarona essay posted...
Volcarona gets Quiver Dance, one of the two Gen V moves that is in contention for "best boosting move in the game". (The other one is Shell Smash). It also has Bug as its secondary STAB, which only overlaps with Fire on Grass-types, giving it 6 types hit for Super Effective with STAB instead of 5. Volcarona's stats are tailored for using (and also taking, to a lesser extent) special attacks, and using them fast, while Charizard's are mixed. Volcarona's average stat is 92, and its highest is 135; its BST is focused in mainly Sp. Atk. Charizard's average stat is 89 and its highest is 109; its BST is much closer to evenly distributed.

So, in other words, Charizard is a Pokémon that was designed to be a good starter; it is a jack-of-all-trades that looks awe-inspiring. Volcarona is a Pokémon that was designed much later on, by someone who was aiming to provide a Pokémon that could do one thing well. Jacks-of-all-trades need better conditions to do well--Manaphy gets Tail Glow and Hydration, Mew learns all TMs, Victini gets V-Create (which would be a lot better if Rayquaza didn't get it too), Arceus beats every Pokémon in at least one stat, et cetera. Thus, Volcarona and Charizard have different levels of competitive viability.

Ta-da!

Wow. You can C&P 100 times!!!!
That is 98 times too many. I got tired of seeing this post after the 3rd time.
We all know you hate Charizard and love Volcarona so quite reposting this in every Charizard topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U mad, bro?

On topic... get rid of Stealth Rock and give Charizard Contrary and Draco Meteor, and you could start dreaming about it.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#34MugilokoPosted 3/19/2013 2:42:40 PM
He's mine
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#35NatatteruPosted 3/19/2013 2:44:28 PM
People who like Charizard already use him in OU, makes no difference at all.
---
PSN: NatatBW http://www.imgur.com/a/s5I9A
P4A: Elizabeth BBCSX: Bang - 3s: Makoto - ST/AE12: Cammy - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi/C-Ciel/F-SAkiha SFxT: Lili/Paul