This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My theories on Slyveon and the "new rumored types"

#1CosmoesisPosted 3/18/2013 9:51:16 PM
All we know about Sylveon is that Eevee evolves into it; we donít know how or into what type.

We can assume that there will be no type repeats and that normal will not be the case despite similar appearance to jigglypuff and clefairy. Plus a normal type eevolution would be boring so we can eliminate those types and move on.

Look at all of Eevee's evolutions: Dark, Electric, Fire, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Water. They are all special based types coming out of Generations 1 through 3. The ONLY special type that Eevee doesn't evolve into is Dragon. And for that reason alone I would make a safe bet that Sylveon's type is Dragon, regardless of appearance.

Eliminate physical types: starting with rock, steel and ground heavily based on appearance. Remaining physical types: Bug, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Poison. Again based on appearance, but lesser so, I would toss Bug, Fighting. Leaving: Flying, Ghost, Poison. Again, appearance is not in heavily in favor of these types but there is wiggle room for these types.

How morbid would it be to have an Eevee death story? If your Eevee has full happiness and faints in Pokemon tower and you use revive with a free spot in your party you get its restless soul as Sylveon. NO!

Leaving: Flying, and Poison. And a lot of people have been calling for Flying understandably. Poison and Ghost possibilities don't quiet have the appearance of their types either, especially after you argue similarities to past gym leaders. -.-

But if they where to make a ďphysical typeĒ eevolution Iím sure they would make more then one knowing the typing trend so they would have released two eevolutions, not that there is any rule barring this.

The next rumor that I want to talk about is new types: There has been a lot of noise about new types. And the two most common that Iím hearing about is Sound and Light. I saw a post on a cute type... that person should be taken out back and shot.

If they where to make a Sound type, I think it would be pretty boring compared to the other types. Yveltal may slightly resemble the look of a tuning fork before that possible supersonic dive but Charizard also looks like a dragon. Plus, adding sound would require a lot of retyping like Meloetta and I doubt they will do that for a legendary pokemon.

I havenít seen anyone post this point so I'll be the first: Fennekin does look like and has a name like a ďFennec foxĒ (I'm being highly specific) which has big ears to hear food under the sand while hunting. Possible evolution into a fire/sound type?

Aside from saying Light is a new type based on Xerneasí antlers being all rainbowy and sayings that it's a light type just from watching the trailer which yields very little information about the pokemon, I see something that very few people have talked about: The location. All the regions thus far are ruffly based off part of Japan. It appears that X and Y take place in France. Something that I havenít seen brought up in regards to Paris being the basis for one of the cities: What is Paris' nickname? The City of Lights. A stretch? Perhaps, but something to definitely consider.

Of course this is just speculation but it does get us back to Sylveon. Light fits more into special then physical. And that would fit with the current Eevolutions typing. But, why continue to not have Dragon you might ask? Well, Dragon types seem to be more sacred, in generation one. We had one Dragon type family and in generation 2 only one was added to a preexisting family. Since then I feel that they have gone a little crazy with Dragons and have been making to many.

Regardless Dragon, Light and Wind are the top types that I say Sylveon will be and Iíll be shock if it isnít one of them.... Actually Iíll be shocked if it is one of them too.
#2BlackCatNYCPosted 3/18/2013 9:52:44 PM
Ain't nobody got time for this.
---
Nintendo 3DS: 0473-8573-6109
http://blackcatnyc.tumblr.com
#3UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/18/2013 9:53:08 PM
Unova was based off of America. Just wanted to point that out.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#4CharizardFirePosted 3/18/2013 9:54:29 PM
All the regions thus far are roughly based off part of Japan.

You never played a generation 5 game, have you?
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#5Toasty_KabalPosted 3/18/2013 9:54:34 PM
Stopped reading after you said we could assume it's not normal.
---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu
#6Twilight_SonataPosted 3/18/2013 9:59:37 PM
Toasty_Kabal posted...

This.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#7Twilight_SonataPosted 3/18/2013 10:02:31 PM
Cosmoesis posted...
Plus a normal type eevolution would be boring.

You have to be incredibly unimaginative not be able to think of any way for a Normal eeveelution to be interesting, exciting, and unique. For all we know, it could have an ability as drastic and defining as Multi-Type or Wonder Guard. That sure doesn't sound boring to me.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#8jayman7Posted 3/18/2013 10:03:08 PM
Stopped reading after "They are all special based types".
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9Cosmoesis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:05:38 PM
Toasty_Kabal posted...

Think about it, possibly the greatest think about Eevee is that you have several options of evolving that completely changes its type. So why keep normal? Not that there is anything wrong with that type, I'm just pointing that out. Plus normal eevolution would probably look more like Eevee and be brown not pink.
#10Cosmoesis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:07:52 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Cosmoesis posted...
Plus a normal type eevolution would be boring.

You have to be incredibly unimaginative not be able to think of any way for a Normal eeveelution to be interesting, exciting, and unique. For all we know, it could have an ability as drastic and defining as Multi-Type or Wonder Guard. That sure doesn't sound boring to me.

That is a good point that I haven't seen or thought of. And that's why I posted this topic, to share and see new ideas.