This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My theories on Slyveon and the "new rumored types"

#81Twilight_SonataPosted 3/24/2013 12:23:53 AM
snuffles504 posted...
Yes, it's possible for a Normal-type Eeveelution to be given some cool ability or gimmick that would make it unique. But the reason I would be disappointed with that is because none of the other Eeveelutions are gimmick Pokemon.

This really depends on your definition of "gimmick". A Pokemon can have a unique gimmick without being a "gimmick Pokemon" per se. Plus, if any Eeveelutions are going to be "gimmick Pokemon", why should it be anything other than the Normal-type one? It's absolutely the perfect candidate.

It's the type possibilities that are exciting, and a Normal-type evolution of a Normal-type Pokemon is simply not exciting.
I don't want to project my personal feeling onto others, but I feel like that's why a Normal-type Eeveelution would be disappointing to a lot of people regardless of ability.

I think that if people are really that unimaginative, then they deserve to be disappointed (and then subsequently excited about the awesome stuff that they were too short-sighted to consider).
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#82King-gamerPosted 3/24/2013 12:48:43 AM
What if Sylveon is a type changer like Arceus? Yeah, now we have a type changer that isn't uber. (Kecleon doesn't count).
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#83snuffles504Posted 3/24/2013 12:47:51 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
snuffles504 posted...
Yes, it's possible for a Normal-type Eeveelution to be given some cool ability or gimmick that would make it unique. But the reason I would be disappointed with that is because none of the other Eeveelutions are gimmick Pokemon.

This really depends on your definition of "gimmick". A Pokemon can have a unique gimmick without being a "gimmick Pokemon" per se. Plus, if any Eeveelutions are going to be "gimmick Pokemon", why should it be anything other than the Normal-type one? It's absolutely the perfect candidate.

That's the wrong question. It should be: "Why does there need to be a gimmick Pokemon among the Eeveelutions?"

It's the type possibilities that are exciting, and a Normal-type evolution of a Normal-type Pokemon is simply not exciting.
I don't want to project my personal feeling onto others, but I feel like that's why a Normal-type Eeveelution would be disappointing to a lot of people regardless of ability.

I think that if people are really that unimaginative, then they deserve to be disappointed (and then subsequently excited about the awesome stuff that they were too short-sighted to consider).

It's not a lack of imagination. It's the desire to keep things consistent. A gimmick Eeveelution simply doesn't fit with the others. As you said, a Normal-type Eeveelution is the perfect candidate for being a gimmick Pokemon. It wouldn't make sense on any other type, because they already have a type. So now we have Eevee evolving into a variety of mono-types as always, plus a gimmick. One of these things is not like the others.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#84Twilight_SonataPosted 3/24/2013 1:55:14 PM
snuffles504 posted...
That's the wrong question. It should be: "Why does there need to be a gimmick Pokemon among the Eeveelutions?"

No, it should be "Why does there need to not be a gimmick Pokemon among the Eeveelutions?"

It's not a lack of imagination.

It is nothing but.

A gimmick Eeveelution simply doesn't fit with the others.

Why not?
---
#85ScepterOfLovePosted 3/24/2013 2:22:50 PM
A lot of your logic is just personal opinions that don't make sense anyway
---
"Yet here we are, shaking our booties..."
My movie review blog: logankrum.wordpress.com
#86NeoSioTypePosted 3/24/2013 3:27:44 PM
The X and the Y in the titles as well as the soon to be release Z will denote the physical dimensions of the universe.

The new type will be called astral and it will originate from extra-dimensional space.

What? I have no credibility? Well none of those guys do either.
#87Cosmoesis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:06:31 PM
I don't think it would be so much a lack of creativity on our part to think of what a normal type eevolution would be but a lack of creativity on Game Freak for only utilizing 8 of the 17 current types while doubling up on normal. I'm not saying that I don't see the potential of a normal type eevolution but put that next to any other type and I'll probably go with the other types no matter how many pink bows this thing wears. This doesn't mean Sylveon isn't a normal type. It looks like a bunch of normal types, it has pink bows and silk scarfs, which are normal type items. Evidence shows potential for a normal type, But a normal type would be a disappointment in a lot of peoples books with the other type options available.

And why keep it's type such a secret if there isn't something more special in the type itself? Yeah they didn't release the legendaries types, but they also didn't put three questions marks by the type either. Say what you will about my imagination but I can't see a reason to draw attention to a normal type eevolution being secretly normal other then stirring up thoughts. (Although that could go for any type). If they mentioned the ability being a big secret that would be different.

NeoSioType posted...
The X and the Y in the titles as well as the soon to be release Z will denote the physical dimensions of the universe.

The new type will be called astral and it will originate from extra-dimensional space.

What? I have no credibility? Well none of those guys do either.

You may not be far from the truth. I posted this a few pages ago so this is a quote of myself:

I saw that was related to the legendaries. It involves the vikings and norse mythology. There are 3 main parts of the world: an upper, a middle and an under (with more technical names). The upper has a eagle. the middle has 4 deer and the lower has a snake. Obviously the two released legendaries match this and a long snake could like a "Z" I'm not saying the third installment will be Pokemon Z. Especially after how well B2/W2 did but I'm leaning towards this legendary being either a dark or ghost type snake.... Here is a video on the this legendary and mythology theory and its actually quiet good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-OMbaRBvOw
#88Twilight_SonataPosted 3/26/2013 10:17:24 PM
Cosmoesis posted...
And why keep it's type such a secret if there isn't something more special in the type itself?... I can't see a reason to draw attention to a normal type eevolution being secretly normal other then stirring up thoughts.

I was going to draw your attention to the legendaries, not only of this generation but also of last generation, but you already covered that ground, so I'll go ahead and move on. Why would they want to keep its Normal typing a secret? Very simple: because people would prejudge that to be boring, just like they're doing right now at the thought. Think about it. If what I say were true about it being Normal but having some other crazy gimmick related to its typing, would it be wise of them to release its typing as Normal if they were not ready to release information yet about the crazy gimmick? No, that would be a terrible idea, because people are unimaginative and can't think of how a Normal type could be interesting. It would be far better to wait until its time to reveal the special gimmick and then also reveal that it's Normal so that everything is actually able to be taken in context.
---