This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ingame moves

#1Masenko86Posted 3/19/2013 7:28:12 AM
List alterations that can be made to poor ingame moves in order to make them more useful ingame.

Example: focus sash/sturdy leaves user of self-destruct/explosion with 1hp (more useful for sturdy ingame, and totally broken for competitive use, but this topic only focuses on the ingame aspect)
#2Brandon042487Posted 3/19/2013 7:36:56 AM
Focus sash and sturdy are not Moves

Bind/Wrap equivalent moves now prevent the target from using Physical moves.
---
>Insert Signature Here<
#3Masenko86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 7:44:13 AM
Brandon042487 posted...
Focus sash and sturdy are not Moves

Bind/Wrap equivalent moves now prevent the target from using Physical moves.

Self-destruct and explosion are the moves, duhhh. Focus sash and sturdy just play a role in the alteration that makes those moves more useful ingame. I seriously thought people would be competent enough to figure that out without me explaining that.
#4pokemonfreak97Posted 3/19/2013 9:06:46 AM
So we're focusing on in-game?

Hazards suck in-game because the AI's dumber than a box of Geodude. Does that mean we should boost Stealth Rock?

Any train of logic which leads to Stealth Rock being boosted is flawed somewhere.

As for completely useless moves, let's look at Synchronoise. I say it deals 1/2 effect to all Pokémon which share 0 types, 1x effect for all Pokémon who share 1 type of 2, and 2x effect for all Pokémon who share both (or the only) type. Power is also boosted to 100; this move needs everything it can get.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#5Masenko86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:15:36 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
So we're focusing on in-game?

Hazards suck in-game because the AI's dumber than a box of Geodude. Does that mean we should boost Stealth Rock?

Any train of logic which leads to Stealth Rock being boosted is flawed somewhere.

As for completely useless moves, let's look at Synchronoise. I say it deals 1/2 effect to all Pokémon which share 0 types, 1x effect for all Pokémon who share 1 type of 2, and 2x effect for all Pokémon who share both (or the only) type. Power is also boosted to 100; this move needs everything it can get.

Indeed it does. The move is currently just horrible.