This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best and worst mono-type?

#1iKhanicPosted 3/19/2013 12:58:53 PM
I'd say Ice is the worst mono type. Sure its powerful, but it doesn't have particularly strong attacks, and its so horrible defensively that it might not even get a chance to attack.

Dragon's the best, but that's sort of the point of the type.

I'd say Water's 2nd best.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2The_Sol_BladerPosted 3/19/2013 12:59:20 PM
Dark is nice
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://oi47.tinypic.com/24bup9d.jpg
#3PolimarioPosted 3/19/2013 1:02:14 PM
Best: Water
Worst: Poison
---
I am the Rain Maker.
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 3/19/2013 1:02:58 PM
Dragon is the best.

Ice is pretty awful. Bug, too. Bug is great when paired with stuff though.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#5BurningFlareXPosted 3/19/2013 1:04:08 PM
Outside of being the worst defensive type, Ice is decent offensively, and has a useful SE against Dragons. Not to mention it's somewhat the most common 4x weakness, due to the large number of dragons.
I'd say the worst type is Poison. It doesn't get SE on almost anything, and doesn't seem to have any notable resistances outside of Fighting.
Dragon is a rather good type, having a nice amount of resistances, and being only resisted by Steel, BUT, Dragon is only SE against Dragon, which is somewhat of a downside.
---
I hate everything.
#6UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/19/2013 1:04:09 PM
Water has wonderful coverage. Dragon is, on average, a fairly powerful type as well (as you said, that's kind of the point.)

Ice seems like a fragile type, which is fitting.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#7DarkKirby2500Posted 3/19/2013 1:07:36 PM
Poison and Psychic are pretty crappy types.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#8iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 1:35:47 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Poison and Psychic are pretty crappy types.

Psychic hits pretty damn hard. Even after Gen 1 stopped it from being OP. Its not hit for SE by any common attacking type. Its only resisted by steel and itself, and it hits arguably the best attacking type in the game for SE damage.

Not to mention Magic Guard and Magic Bounce.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#9DarkKirby2500Posted 3/19/2013 1:42:25 PM
iKhanic posted...

Not to mention Magic Guard and Magic Bounce.

Those are abilities some psychic Pokemon have, nothing to do with psychic typing.

It's like saying psychic is a fantastic typing because Mewtwo exists.

If a base 200 Attack 200 Speed Poison Pokemon existed, it wouldn't make Poison type itself great, it would just mean that Pokemon is OP.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#10cardoor123 gfPosted 3/19/2013 1:43:40 PM
Poison is pretty underrated.