This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are any of you gender bias?

#1DaemonscharmPosted 3/20/2013 6:24:33 AM
I usually only stick to catching male but my competitive Chandelure is female as is a shiny Sandile and 2 shiny Sneasels.
---
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/Photo_Phreak/alkalinesig2.png
http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg?1
#2LexifoxPosted 3/20/2013 6:26:26 AM
I don't care about a Pokemon's sex unless I plan to use it for breeding. I'll use male Lopunny, female Conkeldurr, etc. without issue.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3Champion_KypPosted 3/20/2013 6:31:23 AM
Unless I have a specific nickname picked out beforehand, or there's obvious gender differences (Blue Jellicent is WAY better than pink...), I don't care.
---
Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it. ~~Arthur Dent, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
#4Gray_AreasPosted 3/20/2013 6:40:42 AM(edited)
I usually only catch/train Pokemon that look like they fit that gender. Like I'd never catch a male Audino. Or a female Mr. Mime. If they can be either, I usually prefer male, but it isn't a requirement. And I usually don't like starters (with the exception of the Chikorita family) to be female.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#5ColtCababaPosted 3/20/2013 6:43:45 AM
Depends. It would be kind of humiliating to use a male Gardevoir or female Machamp.
---
Official Shadow Crawdaunt of the Pokemon X/Y Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"Just because I want absolute power, I'm the bad guy!"
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 3/20/2013 8:21:01 AM
ATM, I'm breeding for male Hoenn starters with good natures.
The pronoun I use when referring to a Pokemon is usually "he" (unless it's Gardevoir or something). Even with most Legendaries. Might as well breed them that way.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#7EtoRangerPosted 3/20/2013 8:28:41 AM
Unless it has to be male, I usually only use females.
#8Emerald_WyvernPosted 3/20/2013 8:29:07 AM
I always try to balance my team with 3 male and 3 female. Which Pokemon are which depends on their appearance.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#9xyzlacticPosted 3/20/2013 8:29:24 AM
Females only for me. I prefer my Pokemon to represent gurl power!
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#10NessEggmanPosted 3/20/2013 8:33:28 AM
No. I just use whatever they happen to be. I choose my nickname based on the sex, though, usually. I usually name them human names. But I don't even mind using 'cross-gender' naming so I guess not really.

But like I had a Probopass that was female once, and I thought it was funny so I named her 'Misstache.' And I named my Nosepass in Ruby or Sapphire (whichever one I found it in first XZD) "Nosetta" (like the Rosetta Stone since it's a rock, and like Nose... and Rosetta sonds like a woman's name and it was a female. But I probably easily could have called a male that, too...)

I usually play both games and choose the male character in one and the female character in the other, too.

To me sex is not very important or meaningful. It's just a normal part of life, and in the game, a part of some minor mechanics.
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!