This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are any of you gender bias?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are any of you gender bias?
2 years ago#1
I usually only stick to catching male but my competitive Chandelure is female as is a shiny Sandile and 2 shiny Sneasels.
---
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/Photo_Phreak/alkalinesig2.png
http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg?1
2 years ago#2
I don't care about a Pokemon's sex unless I plan to use it for breeding. I'll use male Lopunny, female Conkeldurr, etc. without issue.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
2 years ago#3
Unless I have a specific nickname picked out beforehand, or there's obvious gender differences (Blue Jellicent is WAY better than pink...), I don't care.
---
Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it. ~~Arthur Dent, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
2 years ago#4
I usually only catch/train Pokemon that look like they fit that gender. Like I'd never catch a male Audino. Or a female Mr. Mime. If they can be either, I usually prefer male, but it isn't a requirement. And I usually don't like starters (with the exception of the Chikorita family) to be female.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
(edited by Gray_Areas)
2 years ago#5
Depends. It would be kind of humiliating to use a male Gardevoir or female Machamp.
---
Official Shadow Crawdaunt of the Pokemon X/Y Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"Just because I want absolute power, I'm the bad guy!"
2 years ago#6
ATM, I'm breeding for male Hoenn starters with good natures.
The pronoun I use when referring to a Pokemon is usually "he" (unless it's Gardevoir or something). Even with most Legendaries. Might as well breed them that way.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
2 years ago#7
Unless it has to be male, I usually only use females.
2 years ago#8
I always try to balance my team with 3 male and 3 female. Which Pokemon are which depends on their appearance.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
2 years ago#9
Females only for me. I prefer my Pokemon to represent gurl power!
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
2 years ago#10
No. I just use whatever they happen to be. I choose my nickname based on the sex, though, usually. I usually name them human names. But I don't even mind using 'cross-gender' naming so I guess not really.

But like I had a Probopass that was female once, and I thought it was funny so I named her 'Misstache.' And I named my Nosepass in Ruby or Sapphire (whichever one I found it in first XZD) "Nosetta" (like the Rosetta Stone since it's a rock, and like Nose... and Rosetta sonds like a woman's name and it was a female. But I probably easily could have called a male that, too...)

I usually play both games and choose the male character in one and the female character in the other, too.

To me sex is not very important or meaningful. It's just a normal part of life, and in the game, a part of some minor mechanics.
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are any of you gender bias?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived