This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What generation had the best designed pokemon?

#1CarbideTitanPosted 3/20/2013 10:52:23 AM
What generation had the best designed pokemon? - Results (148 votes)
19.59% (29 votes)
21.62% (32 votes)
31.08% (46 votes)
10.14% (15 votes)
17.57% (26 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Generation 2 and 3 are very close in my opinion.

Gen 2 had Scizor and Umbreon as well as T-Tar

But gen 3 brought Gardevoir, Metagross, Flygon, Sableye, Shedinja. Plus the legendary Pokemon are better in 3 as well
---
No. I said M as in Mancy.
#2Kovalchuk_Posted 3/20/2013 10:53:51 AM
Generation one because there was less technology back then.

For the technological advancements made since generation one the current generations should be better.
---
Gamefaqs:
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/too-true-g1.gif
#3Catcher_FreemanPosted 3/20/2013 10:56:13 AM
Every generation has the same ratio of good designs to bad ones.
#4XazealPosted 3/20/2013 11:12:46 AM
3 > 2 > 5 > 4 > 1
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#5Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/20/2013 11:13:35 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
Generation one because there was less technology back then.

For the technological advancements made since generation one the current generations should be better.

What the hell does technology have anything pertaining to art style? That's a new on me.

----

Anyway:

I can't really decide. I'd say a mix up between 1, 3, and 4.

1 had Snorlax, Mewtwo, Aerodactyl, Blastoise, and thel ike.
3 is when Pokemon designs seemed to be changing (in my opinion for the better) Besides some fantastic choices like Duskull and more.
4 The Gen starters for one, and more.
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#6vchu8Posted 3/20/2013 11:15:08 AM
Generation 1 is probably my favorite, but I would almost argue that gen 5 has the best overall designs. Save for a few of the legends, I don't really dislike any of the Pokemon the way I do in other generations, and it has a large amount of designs I love.

Other than 5, I could really only argue for 1 or 2- 2 compliments 1's designs very well, while I prefer the styles used in 1 over the other Gens...which is really a matter of taste, and doesn't take away from the numerous good designs in 5.
#7jamieyelloPosted 3/20/2013 11:19:28 AM
vchu8 posted...
Generation 1 is probably my favorite, but I would almost argue that gen 5 has the best overall designs. Save for a few of the legends, I don't really dislike any of the Pokemon the way I do in other generations, and it has a large amount of designs I love.

Other than 5, I could really only argue for 1 or 2- 2 compliments 1's designs very well, while I prefer the styles used in 1 over the other Gens...which is really a matter of taste, and doesn't take away from the numerous good designs in 5.

Yea, the gen 5 legends might actually be the coolest (Zekrom) to bad all I can think about when I think gen 5 is copy and paste genie. The worst pkm make me dislike entire gens.
---
now go sit in the corner and think about your life.
#8The_DOAMPosted 3/20/2013 11:20:34 AM
Gen 1 due to Bulbasaur and his evolutionary line
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#9vchu8Posted 3/20/2013 11:21:29 AM
jamieyello posted...
vchu8 posted...

Yea, the gen 5 legends might actually be the coolest (Zekrom) to bad all I can think about when I think gen 5 is copy and paste genie. The worst pkm make me dislike entire gens.

Yeah, the genies bother me a lot. I also wished there weren't quite as many Pokemon filling in for the older species because of the Pokedex not having any of the old Pokemon in it, but that doesn't really affect how good the designs themselves are.
#10im_boredPosted 3/20/2013 11:23:29 AM
Gens 1 - 3, I really just don't like 4 and 5 because I feel like many of the designs have way too much going on (of course there are outliers in all gens).
---
I'm not your bro, bro.