This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nuzlocke horror stories?

#1NumberXIPosted 3/20/2013 1:17:23 PM
Im considering doing one in X/Y since Ive played the last 3 gens to death. HG/SS may be an option for me though. Ive heard grown dudes have been reduced to tears from their nuzlocke runs gone wrong. Anyone got any stories?
#2KeeperOfShadowsPosted 3/20/2013 1:25:52 PM
I attempted one for Blaze Black a few days ago. Most of my pokemon fainted during the first gym battle.

I started raging and ended up adding modifications to the normal rules until I finally said "**** it, I'll play it regular".
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#3FFnutPosted 3/20/2013 1:29:17 PM
"Reduced to tears" usually has nothing to do with difficulty, but more because of the emotional attachments you form when every Pokemon really counts. Not to say that some ridiculous deaths aren't difficulty-tears worthy.

As for horror stories?

I had a Red run where my Chameleon bit it at Mt. Moon. This was also after losing my Butterfree to Brock so I was basically carried on the back of my Pidge for a while.

Later in that run I lost Snorlax to Blaine and both my Haunter AND my Zapdos got killed fighting Blue pre-Victory Road to Blastoise crits.

I also had a Yellow run where Team Rocket had it out for my fire types. Charmander died in the Rocket Game Corner and Growlithe went down in Pokemon Tower.

Flareon survived Silph Co. though.

Only to get killed at the Fighting Dojo.

*cries*
---
Official Naoya of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#4RisenreturnPosted 3/20/2013 1:42:30 PM
When facing the Pokemon league in HG, I made it to the very end without losing anyone, and was then absolutely steamrolled by Lance. Their was a bright side to it. My Miltank managed to be the only one who survived, and ended up defeating Lance's entire team, thanks to a ton of luck.

That was not the only time it happened. Miltank was the only survivor the second round of the Elite 4, and was the only survivor in the battle with Red(I was like, 10 levels below him...)

My Miltank was so awesome in HG. And I suddenly want to start a new Nuzlocke. To HG!
---
Pretend That there's a signature here.
#5El_GigantoPosted 3/20/2013 1:47:04 PM
My entire team died in Black in Chargestone cave when Zoroark died of a critical hit, Dewott/Samurott died of a critical hit, Magnezone died of flinched 4 times in a row and the rest died because I just didn't expect the others to die and was just running low on options >_>
---
FC Utrecht
#6ColonelHawkPosted 3/20/2013 1:56:38 PM
I attempted to catch Kyogre in my Sapphire Nuzlocke, and I wanted to confuse it. I sent out my Crobat Sangre, to Confuse Ray it, forgetting Kyogre had Ice Beam. Yeah, you can guess how well that turned out. To make it worse, Sangre had been with the team since Dewford Cave. I literally had to force myself to not reload the emulator.
#7DarkDragon386Posted 3/20/2013 2:05:16 PM
I don't really do Nuzlocke, but if I did, I'd have come across one good one just a few hours ago.

I'm facing a level 35 Golbat with my 41 Gabite with about 75% HP

Gabite uses dragon claw. Golbat has a sliver of HP left.
Golbat uses confuse ray
Gabite hit itself from confusion. It now has a little under half HP.
Golbat used wing attack. Critical hit. Gabite fainted.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#8CM_PonchPosted 3/20/2013 2:06:42 PM
Blaze Black, Chargestone Cave.
I lost three Pokemon to N's Rotom team.
Sent out Mienfoo to take out Fridge forme, but then N laughed and Mienfoo fell to a Glacieate. Scrafty came in and took it out, but took too much damage so Carracosta went out to fight Fan Forme, I was hoping the rock typing would help. It didn't. Then Hippowdon came in to fight Oven forme. it was over in one turn.
;_;
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#9RadioRebelPosted 3/20/2013 2:29:06 PM
Probably the most BS thing that's ever happened to me in a Nuzlocke: I was in Norman's gym, and had Lairon out front; I was underleveled, but I figured it would be untouchable with that double resistance to Normal. I was in the "Confusion Room" against some guy with a Spinda. I figure, no problem, it probably just has Normal and confusion moves, I'll just use Iron Tail-

"Foe Spinda is tightening its focus!"

Yeah, you can guess how that worked out.
---
Gen Sixers: Uno
Hoennbabbies: STRANDED IN MICHIGAN!
#10Skyward_SneaselPosted 3/20/2013 3:05:20 PM
I just started a priti Emerald Nuzlocke (about half an hour ago)

Route 103, come across a level 3 slowpoke. Send out level 6 torchic (McNuggets)

He proceeds to yawn sleep hax me, then curse to full defense and attack. I was panicking constantly!

Hopefully McSpliff (guess the species?) will help me out!
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages!! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon and Brock of the Pokemon X boards