This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No more Fire primates

#1iKhanicPosted 3/21/2013 12:01:44 AM
We've had 3 different fire-type evolutionary lines based on monkeys or apes in two generations (Chimchar, Simisear, Darumaka). Gamefreak needs to chill with the fire-monkeys.

And after Fennekin, they can cool it with fire-canids (Vulpix, growlithe, houndour, fennekin) and fire-birds (Moltres, Magmar, Ho-Oh, Torchic) too (see, I did a thing there). For a type that's not really that prevalent, they sure do make a lot of repeats. Why not something original? Fire echidnas and Fire anteaters are interesting, do more original fire-animals.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2Rose_MagePosted 3/21/2013 12:02:29 AM
We need more Fire/Fighting types.
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official DEOXYS fan and Caitlin of the Pokemon X board, Official Cherche of the FEA board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#3UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/21/2013 12:02:31 AM
We need more Fire Dragons, we only have Reshiram.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#4noname2lazyPosted 3/21/2013 12:06:46 AM
UltimaZangetsu posted...
We need more Fire Dragons, we only have Reshiram.

inb4charizard
#5jayman7Posted 3/21/2013 12:16:17 AM
Magmar is a bird now? And not just a duck-billed-and-otherwise-not-particularly-birdlike monster?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6MasajubPosted 3/21/2013 12:16:58 AM
I don't mind if they do more fire birds, primates and canines as long as they keep doing original ones, like they do. We've got a fire snail, turtle, candle and chandelier (my fav), pig, moth, camel, horse... I don't think originality is a problem here.
#7TherianReturnsPosted 3/21/2013 12:18:23 AM
How about a fire lizard? Wait...
---
I shook hands with the new Pope. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#8LunestarOmegaPosted 3/21/2013 12:21:27 AM
When you say things like "no more fire canids or fire birds" you're really excluding several cool things that could be done. Imagine a fire hummingbird or a fire hyena or even a fire tanuki.
#9LunestarOmegaPosted 3/21/2013 12:23:08 AM
Whoops, hyenas belong to the suborder feliformia
#10iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 12:24:40 AM
jayman7 posted...
Magmar is a bird now? And not just a duck-billed-and-otherwise-not-particularly-birdlike monster?

Magmar's Japanese name is Boober, so its based on a Booby (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booby). However, Magmar's a mess of a pokemon based on 100 different things, so you have a fair point.

Masajub posted...
I don't mind if they do more fire birds, primates and canines as long as they keep doing original ones, like they do. We've got a fire snail, turtle, candle and chandelier (my fav), pig, moth, camel, horse... I don't think originality is a problem here.

I'm specifically talking about the animals, so Chandelure doesn't count (even though its awesome). And yes, we do have plenty of original pokemon, and call me spoiled, but just those is too few for a typing that's not really associated with any animal and can be mixed with pretty much anything. IMO it just doesn't make sense to do so many repeats when there is so much that hasn't been done.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US