This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction if GF gets rid of IV's and Natures

#11SolarTailsBeamPosted 3/21/2013 5:15:37 PM
Mugiloko posted...
I really don't like IV's but Natures are fun! My Sassy Gayrados is fabulous with its high sp def :)

My Adamant Jolteon is better

Jolteon is a poo-poo head. My Gayrados is so much better.
#12ColtCababaPosted 3/21/2013 5:18:45 PM
Mugiloko posted...
I really don't like IV's but Natures are fun! My Sassy Gayrados is fabulous with its high sp def :)

Please, I got me a Hasty Steelix.
---
Official Shadow Crawdaunt of the Pokemon X/Y Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"Just because I want absolute power, I'm the bad guy!"
#13PsyShadowBeamPosted 3/21/2013 5:27:44 PM
ColtCababa posted...
Mugiloko posted...

Well that's stupid. Steelix's speed is atrocious and it's not even good competitively.
#14ColtCababaPosted 3/21/2013 5:30:34 PM
PsyShadowBeam posted...
ColtCababa posted...
Mugiloko posted...

Well that's stupid. Steelix's speed is atrocious and it's not even good competitively.

You're not getting behind our jokes, are you? And I feel sorry that you're too engrossed in the land of OU, where everyone ponders around weather and Scizor, to care one bit about any of the lower tiers. I can't even. Good day sir.
---
#15_KGC_Posted 3/21/2013 5:36:39 PM
So basically IVs are gone plus you get an additional nature and the EV system from RBY/GSC?
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#16PsyShadowBeamPosted 3/21/2013 5:40:01 PM
ColtCababa posted...
PsyShadowBeam posted...
ColtCababa posted...
Mugiloko posted...

You're not getting behind our jokes, are you? And I feel sorry that you're too engrossed in the land of OU, where everyone ponders around weather and Scizor, to care one bit about any of the lower tiers. I can't even. Good day sir.

That's where the REAL players play, which you are obviously not.
#17ColtCababaPosted 3/21/2013 5:43:51 PM
Ahahaha, the REAL players. You must be one of those "hardcore" gamers that play CoD and say that Kirby is for little kids.
---
#18ClassyOldHatPosted 3/21/2013 5:51:19 PM
_Unowninator_ posted...
But then what would happen to Hidden Power?

Believe it or not, It's actually possible to have a move be randomized without a fun-killing mechanic. Pokemon Rumble, and Mystery Dungeon don't have IVs, and Still have a very usable hidden power.

FryDays5000 posted...
The type would be randomized and the base power will always be 70. To bad for those with Technician though :(

Yeah... All two of the Technician users with a Sp. Atk stat higher than sixty will lose 20 points on a single move... Seriously though, Mr. Mime and Roserade have no technician-compatible moves of note that are worth the loss of their much better alternative abilities.

On Topic:

Removal of IVs: YES! Gone are hours of tedious, boring, skill-devoid, luck-based grinding for EVERY Pokemon on your party (assuming you don't "settle" for having an IV of 31 (or 0) only in speed).

Removal of natures: ...Why? A mechanic that, as of BW2 is almost completely luck free, and, unlike IVs, provides ACTUAL diversity, as opposed to binary superiority/inferiority, and unlike IVs, is a difference that can actually be noticed by a casual player without having it pointed out to them? Why would you remove that?
#19ColtCababaPosted 3/21/2013 5:54:39 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...

On Topic:

Removal of IVs: YES! Gone are hours of tedious, boring, skill-devoid, luck-based grinding for EVERY Pokemon on your party (assuming you don't "settle" for having an IV of 31 (or 0) only in speed).

Removal of natures: ...Why? A mechanic that, as of BW2 is almost completely luck free, and, unlike IVs, provides ACTUAL diversity, as opposed to binary superiority/inferiority, and unlike IVs, is a difference that can actually be noticed by a casual player without having it pointed out to them? Why would you remove that?

Agree 100%.
---
#20SolarTailsBeamPosted 3/21/2013 5:59:43 PM
ColtCababa posted...
ClassyOldHat posted...

On Topic:

Agree 100%.

I do too.