This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: Nintendo announces that X/Y imports older pokemon using a 3ds app

#11PChaosWMPosted 3/22/2013 12:17:09 PM
I could get on board with that.
---
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional.
Pokemon Black 2 FC - Mamoser / 0090-1828-2316
#12SMASHKING84Posted 3/22/2013 12:24:06 PM
as long as i can transfer my pokemon and maybe there items idc.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Ignoring:vyers and quietisgood
#13CenedarprimePosted 3/22/2013 2:28:45 PM
This would be a legitimate idea. Efficient, to the point, no stupid required minigames to get my older Pokes over.
---
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
"Allons-y!"
#14UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/22/2013 2:30:38 PM
As much a I like the idea of mass transfer, the idea of it being like the online passes EA attempts to shoehorn into stuff nowadays is what kills the entire idea. Online passes and the like are a stain on gaming as a whole.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#156bananzaPosted 3/22/2013 2:31:36 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Yes. Yes! YES!!!!!

---
Official member of Team Miror Infinity. I AM SHADOW ARTICUNO! http://i.imgur.com/PIMfmML.png. Credit: CM_Ponch. Oppan Gangnam Style!
#16RPCShadowclawPosted 3/22/2013 3:00:08 PM
Sounds good to me!
#17GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/22/2013 3:02:14 PM
Meh. I wouldn't care because I don't own any of my Pokemon games anymore.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#18Elec Man EXEPosted 3/22/2013 3:16:03 PM
Works for me. Mass transfering alone would make it worth $2 even if it wasn't free with a new copy.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#19MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/22/2013 3:18:54 PM
Elec Man EXE posted...
Works for me. Mass transfering alone would make it worth $2 even if it wasn't free with a new copy.

---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#20AlphaDiamondPosted 3/22/2013 4:04:06 PM(edited)
i agree with that idea , but, honestly... do you really think GF would let mass transfer with just your own console (without needing a second 3DS) when one of the most important ideas of pokemon games is "trading"?

long time ago i gave two proposals for transfering. of course, they weren't very welcomed. i recognize that the Pokemon Zoo idea was bad (it would attract child players only), but the most hated idea was limits... i didn't want limits, but i introduced them because i saw it was the most plausible thing GF would do. if we take a look at previous games, there are already some "limits", but not that obvious: in D/P/Pt/HG/SS you transfered pokemon to a Park where you had to catch them yourself, and then repeat the process (moreover, you could only do it once per day). here, the limit was time: you needed a lot of time if you wanted to transfer all your pokemon. in B/W/B2/W2 we found an easier way to transfer pokemon through that minigame, but there was already other limit: you needed 2 DSs in order to transfer, and of course, it also takes time to transfer and catch the pokemon

i think that it was done this way so we gave more value to trading, as it is easier to look for a pokemon and trade it than transfering all my pokemon from previous games. i have one game of each IV and V generation pairs, so, if i could transfer, i would have forgotten about trading time ago. so my forecast is: or the transfer method keeps the "you need 2 DS/3DSs to transfer" or, if they create an app/in-game feature that lets you transfer with just your own console, it will have some kind of limit. which could it be? i don't know.