This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

for people wanting transfer

#1BlueGaryOakPosted 3/22/2013 12:09:32 PM
This is what I think will happen if they aren't transferable.

-release X/Y
-gen 3 evos/prevos
-some Pokemon can't be caught
-even more from gen 3
-hoenn remakes so you can get them and other Pokemon
-money party at Gamefreak
---
I am ddg
#2jayman7Posted 3/22/2013 12:18:50 PM
And this is what I think will happen if they don't allow transfer: Low-selling generation, as I hear the third gen was, meaning general lack of money party at GameFreak.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3javel34Posted 3/22/2013 12:22:14 PM
With online storing of Pokemon (via dreamworld or a dreamworld like site/app) there is no reason there wouldn't be transferring of some kind.
---
Black 2 FC:0519 5089 8733
#4Missingno_MastrPosted 3/22/2013 12:43:08 PM
jayman7 posted...
And this is what I think will happen if they don't allow transfer: Low-selling generation, as I hear the third gen was, meaning general lack of money party at GameFreak.

You left out the part about the angry mob.
---
Official badass Admin of Team Miror Infinity. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that. I dare you.
#5Dark_EinherjarPosted 3/22/2013 12:57:59 PM
Players all over the world (normal players, RNG abusers and hackers alike) will rage over the fact that their Pokémon from the previous games will all go to waste.

I wouldn't be surprised if many players quit playing Pokémon altogether in such a scenario... I know I would seriously consider doing so.

Trollfreak will be shooting itself in the foot if it does that.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 3/22/2013 12:59:42 PM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
Players all over the world (normal players, RNG abusers and hackers alike) will rage over the fact that their Pokémon from the previous games will all go to waste.

I wouldn't be surprised if many players quit playing Pokémon altogether in such a scenario... I know I would seriously consider doing so.

Trollfreak will be shooting itself in the foot if it does that.

This.
As much as I love the series, I would consider leaving the series entirely if I can't transfer (or at least staying within Gens IV and V).
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#7UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/22/2013 1:27:25 PM
I'm thinking a lot of people underestimate how well Pokemon will sell, regardless of Pokemenz being transferable.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#8mexicannonPosted 3/22/2013 1:29:21 PM
javel34 posted...
With online storing of Pokemon (via dreamworld or a dreamworld like site/app) there is no reason there wouldn't be transferring of some kind.

Like what this guy said, with modern technology there is no way pokemon can't be transferable.
#9wufei8706Posted 3/22/2013 1:30:30 PM
Like what this guy said, with modern technology there is no way pokemon can't be transferable.

People forget that it's OPTIONAL to transfer. I still have no clue why they can't get this.
---
http://i.imgur.com/z9ZcFt6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TjWlxSW.png
#10mexicannonPosted 3/22/2013 1:32:37 PM
Of course it;s optional to transfer. This topic is about if the X/Y couldn't be compatible with other gens