This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, a worldwide release on October 30th, eh?

#1el_tercer_poderPosted 3/22/2013 4:12:52 PM
Anyone here expecting they do a Wi-Fi distribution event with a legendary (ala Victini), but with Halloween-themed Pokemon?

I mean, it'd be a bit random to release that game near Halloween otherwise, heh...
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#2scrappybristolPosted 3/22/2013 4:15:06 PM
No.

As far as I know, Halloween is only big here in the States even then its kinda dying off.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#3Serebii from SPPPosted 3/22/2013 4:20:53 PM
The release date is also not confirmed in any region, only October.

For all we know, it'll be October 1st in Japan and 31st in North America, still fitting Iwata's promise
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#4AlphaDiamondPosted 3/22/2013 4:28:36 PM
Serebii from SPP posted...

For all we know, it'll be October 1st in Japan and 31st in North America, still fitting Iwata's promise

sorry, serebii, but i don't agree... if you say "worldwide release", then the release dates for each region should be the same or, at least, very near between them. if what you said happens (japan release in 1st and NA/Europe in 31st), then we have the japanese playing the game before us, and that was something Iwata pointed out in the Direct: the worldwide release was made so everyone could start playing at the same time. he only said october, yeah... and? he said that 10 months before the release, they have yet to decide an specific date and talk about other things i wanted to point out but i forgot

i think the release dates will have, as much, 4-5 days of distance between the first and the last
#5Serebii from SPPPosted 3/24/2013 3:04:05 AM
AlphaDiamond posted...

sorry, serebii, but i don't agree... if you say "worldwide release", then the release dates for each region should be the same or, at least, very near between them. if what you said happens (japan release in 1st and NA/Europe in 31st), then we have the japanese playing the game before us, and that was something Iwata pointed out in the Direct: the worldwide release was made so everyone could start playing at the same time. he only said october, yeah... and? he said that 10 months before the release, they have yet to decide an specific date and talk about other things i wanted to point out but i forgot

i think the release dates will have, as much, 4-5 days of distance between the first and the last

The thing is, they never said worldwide release. What was said was that the games will be released worldwide in October. It's different
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#6AlphaDiamondPosted 3/24/2013 5:05:32 AM
AlphaDiamond posted...

The thing is, they never said worldwide release. What was said was that the games will be released worldwide in October. It's different

maybe, but as i said before, Iwata clearly said that he wanted all people to enjoy the game at the same time and avoid the difference of time. if japanese get the game one month before (because, even though it's in the same month, 30 days are a month), then it's a month of advantage that they already have. that's what they want to avoid
#7Mudkip43Posted 3/24/2013 5:16:59 AM

You really think it'll be a 30 day gap? Pokemon games usually never release on Thursday in North America
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#8AlphaDiamondPosted 3/24/2013 4:05:15 PM
i have taken a look at Junichi Masuda's blog, and the entry we posted after the announcement of the games says clearly "simultaneous release". you can take a look here:
http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=561