This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wouldn't be great a Character Editor for this game?

#1DowndescPosted 3/22/2013 5:39:17 PM
I mean, it's a simple thing, I don't know how this hasn't happened, Just imagine having your own "unique" character for the main history and wi-fi battles, awesome.

It doesn't adds anything to the gameplay, I know, but holy ****, a major franchise like Pokemon can't be so outmoded.
#2Chandler014Posted 3/22/2013 5:40:18 PM
Fire Emblem has it. Why can't Pokemon?
---
Official Co-Leader and Supreme General of Team Miror Infinity.
Shadow Pokemon: Tyranitar.
#3MetaDeDeDePosted 3/22/2013 5:42:37 PM(edited)
Game Freak is busy recycling everything and adding upgrades to old content and calling it new to even care.
---
Lilligant's husband
I couldn't get a wife to have sex with so i am having sex with my Lilligant and it feels so good!
#4KingTumbleweedPosted 3/22/2013 5:42:05 PM
Probably because of laziness or not enough space. I'm not sure which one.
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#5MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/22/2013 5:44:47 PM
Chandler014 posted...
Fire Emblem has it. Why can't Pokemon?

Fire Emblem JUST got it (well, in the U.S. Japan got it in FE12).

Still, I would LOVE this. And I expect it to happen at some point, I really do.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#6Downdesc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 5:47:17 PM
KingTumbleweed posted...
Probably because of laziness or not enough space. I'm not sure which one.

I will tell you... is laziness, 3DS cards go up to 8 GB or something, don't even try to trick me GameFreak.
#7EpsteinBarrPosted 3/22/2013 5:52:56 PM
It's laziness. Why mess around with a blueprint that consistently generates huge revenues? They'll probably introduce some sort of customization, but I doubt it'll be Fire Emblem scale. Then they'll add a bit more and more in each subsequent generation.
#8UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/22/2013 5:53:50 PM
You're talking about a series that lauded making the protagonists 3 years older as a huge innovation.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#9EpsteinBarrPosted 3/22/2013 6:01:49 PM(edited)
Also, they run off the characters being an icon, and customization can put some damper on that. Although, in this case, I think people should get to choose between a cast of 3 characters (kinda like choosing Red, Blue, or Green) and play with them (with each having a somewhat different story). But that would require GameFreaks to make more save files, and for some reason it would take an act of a higher power for that to happen. Why that is, I don't know.
#10Downdesc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 6:00:17 PM
UltimaZangetsu posted...
You're talking about a series that lauded making the protagonists 3 years older as a huge innovation.

That's was harsh... but true.

Even with the Character Editor, I won't call that an "Innovation", maybe just for the series.

Do simple useful innovations, no that cr*p of spin or whatever battles, imo.