This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which generation had the worst additions?

#31P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/23/2013 9:51:37 AM(edited)
gladwyn101 posted...
Gen V, despite the many Pokemon in Gen V I like, the worst additions from Gen V are:

Roggenrola and evolutions (cheap Geodude rehash), Woobat and Swoobat (cheap Zubat rehash), Timburr and Evolutions (cheap Machop rehash), Tympole and Evolutions (cheap Poliwag rehash), Cottonee (BORING), Maractus (cheap Cacnea and Cacturne rehash), Gothita and Evolutions (eww, we already have Jynx and Smoochum), Ducklett (BORING), Foongus Amoonguss *groan-inducing pun*, Klink and Evolutions , Tynamo and Evolutions (what, no Water type?), Stunfisk (again, no water type? Also really ugly), Vullaby and Mandibuzz (yes, because people want a vulture that wears diapers), Keldeo (f***ing bronies)

Most are designed to draw inspiration from Gen I, so if you like Gen I, you should like Gen V. In addition, Keldeo was most likely designed during Gen IV, which started in 2006 for Japan, much early than the MLP craze that gave rise to bronies...Your opinion, it's not very good, or rather, needs proper justification.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#32faruwayPosted 3/23/2013 10:06:19 AM(edited)
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
gladwyn101 posted...
Gen V, despite the many Pokemon in Gen V I like, the worst additions from Gen V are:

Roggenrola and evolutions (cheap Geodude rehash), Woobat and Swoobat (cheap Zubat rehash), Timburr and Evolutions (cheap Machop rehash), Tympole and Evolutions (cheap Poliwag rehash), Cottonee (BORING), Maractus (cheap Cacnea and Cacturne rehash), Gothita and Evolutions (eww, we already have Jynx and Smoochum), Ducklett (BORING), Foongus Amoonguss *groan-inducing pun*, Klink and Evolutions , Tynamo and Evolutions (what, no Water type?), Stunfisk (again, no water type? Also really ugly), Vullaby and Mandibuzz (yes, because people want a vulture that wears diapers), Keldeo (f***ing bronies)

Most are designed to draw inspiration from Gen I, so if you like Gen I, you should like Gen V. In addition, Keldeo was most likely designed during Gen IV, which started in 2006 for Japan, much early than the MLP craze that gave rise to bronies...Your opinion, it's not very good.

Gladwyn101, Roggenrola and its evos designs are great and it's not a cheap Geodude Rehash, same for Timburr and its evos. Roggenrola and its evos are based from stalagmites and not boulders like Geodude's line. Timburr and its evos are based from construction workers, not wrestlers like Machop's line. Gothita and its evos are based from a gothic lolita girl, not a ganguro girl like Jynx and Smoochum.

They all look original and not rehash. You, my friend, didn't even know their actual designs and simply say they looked cheap and rehash. >:(
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#33KitschgardenerPosted 3/23/2013 10:12:24 AM
I voted none.

Tynamo and Evolutions (what, no Water type?)

Stunfisk (again, no water type? Also really ugly)

Dratini/Dragonair/Grimer found in water, but aren't Water-types? OH NOEZ. While we're at it, all Pokémon in the long grass should be Grass-type cuz reasons.
#34P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/23/2013 10:14:15 AM
faruway posted...
gladwyn101 posted...

Most are designed to draw inspiration from Gen I, so if you like Gen I, you should like Gen V. In addition, Keldeo was most likely designed during Gen IV, which started in 2006 for Japan, much early than the MLP craze that gave rise to bronies...Your opinion, it's not very good.

Gladwyn101, Roggenrola and its evos designs are great and it's not a cheap Geodude Rehash, same for Timburr and its evos. Roggenrola and its evos are based from stalagmites and not boulders like Geodude's line. Timburr and its evos are based from construction workers, not wrestlers like Machop's line. Gothita and its evos are based from a gothic lolita girl, not a ganguro girl like Jynx and Smoochum.

They all look original and not rehash. You, my friend, didn't even know their actual designs and simply say they looked cheap and rehash. >:(

To be completely honest when I came back into this topic and saw my name as a citation, I immediately expected to be bashed xD
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#35DarkDragon386Posted 3/23/2013 10:18:10 AM
Where's the mixed bag option? Every gen had some good designs, some bad designs.

While Gen V may have had butt generators, ice cream, gears, and trash bags. It also had Hydreigon, Haxorus, Keldeo, Terrakion, Jellicent, Volcarona, and Excadrill

While Gen IV may have had some uninspiring legendaries, Probopass, and Magmortar. It also had Yanmega, Roserade, Darkrai, Giratina, Torterra, Floatzel, Gastrodon, etc.

While Gen III may have had Nosepass, Delcatty, Masquerain, and Castform. It also had Torkoal, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Kyogre, Breloom, Ninjask, and Rayquaza.

While Gen II may have had Dunsparce, Aipom, and Unown. It also had Steelix, Scizor, Sneasel, Heracross, Ho-oh, and Ariados.

While Gen 1 may have had Magneton, Dugtrio, Muk, and Electrode. It also had Gyarados, Rhydon, Mewtwo, Dragonite, Starmie, Venusaur, and Blastoise.

PS. I like everything I mentioned
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#36Mr_PopelPosted 3/23/2013 10:18:36 AM
Gen.5: Patrat, Watchog ... Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant ... Audino ... Typole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad ... Troh, Sawk ... Ducklett, Swanna
Gen 4: Bidoof, Bibarel
Gen 2: Sentred, Furret

Obviously Gen 5 ...
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#37faruwayPosted 3/23/2013 10:18:41 AM
faruway posted...
gladwyn101 posted...

To be completely honest when I came back into this topic and saw my name as a citation, I immediately expected to be bashed xD

Nooo...of course not! Why would I do that? :P
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#38gladwyn101Posted 3/23/2013 11:55:52 AM
Maybe "rehash" was the wrong word to use. I just think it seems boring to have one generation somewhat similar to another. When you look at Gen 1-4, there are clear distinctions that make them all feel different.

The problem with Gen 5 is that there are a lot of Pokemon that could've just been replaced with Pokemon from Gen 1 that serve the same purpose.

Gen 5 should've had less... "badly designed" Pokemon. I like Machop and evos just fine, I don't need a new Pokemon that serves the same archetype but is so ugly that my eyes bleed. And for the record, Gen I had a Machop assisting with making the foundation of a building.

An example of a Gen V replacement that would reduce redundancies; instead of Tympole and evos, which are unnecessarily similar to Poliwag and evos, we could've had a Pokemon line similar to leeches: Water/Bug Pokemon with moves like Leech Life, Mega Drain, Muddy Water, etc. Instead of Gothita and evos, we could've had a more wizard-like Pokemon with a long, flowing beard, and a stick or bone that it uses as a focus for curses and psychic abilities.

I'm not saying that I hate Gen V, because the Pokemon I do like more than make up for the ones I don't: ie: Snivy and evos, Liepard, Drilbur and Excadrill, Sandile and evos, Zorua and Zoroark, Minccino and Cinccino, Emolga, Joltik, Axew and evos, Mienfoo and Mienshao, Rufflet and Braviary.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#39roo10158Posted 3/23/2013 12:12:11 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
Gen IV was horrid, it did its best to ruin the amazing atmosphere of Sinnoh.

---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#40sparkboy12Posted 3/23/2013 12:47:29 PM
iKhanic posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Picard = Janeway > New Kirk > Old Kirk > Black Captain from Deep Space Nine imo

I'm glad someone else likes Janeway. I thought she gets lots of hate.

This 100%