This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which generation had the worst additions?

#41shrooboid313Posted 3/23/2013 1:16:22 PM
I don't think any of them have been any worse than any of the others.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shrooboid313?feature=mhee
Please check out my YouTube channel. I do game walkthroughs.
#42Hierarchy225Posted 3/23/2013 1:17:03 PM
They all had some hit, and misses. But if I had to choose then I'd say Gen IV with a few exceptions *cough* Garchomp!

Gen V imo has some of the coolest additions.
#43TheWiseliestOnePosted 3/23/2013 1:25:22 PM
In my opinion, 1st gen's Pokemon have the least interesting designs.
Please don't hurt me...
---
3DS Friendcode: 0087-3629-7518
#44DeathSoul2000Posted 3/23/2013 1:28:53 PM(edited)
People must've skipped gen 3 - i mean seriously LOL
#45soMEguy_povoPosted 3/23/2013 1:28:44 PM
Voted Gen IV, even though none of the designs were truly "bad", IMO, it was more a distribution problem within D/P than anything else. Next to no fire types, un-necessary Gen I evolutions, Lucario (actually not bad, but way over-hyped and over exposed), and Garchomp (again, not bad but rather too overpowered and over-used).

Also, I thought they had the worst cries in the series to date. It's like they had a contest to see who could make the most pointlessly elaborate sounds with the new hardware. I'll concede that a few species actually do match up well to the cries, but for the most part, it's just too "fancy". Good thing they came to their senses for Gen V (mostly), but damn...
---
Another day successfully wasted.
"I need a new quote for this signature." - Me
#46CakeOfLiesPosted 3/23/2013 1:32:26 PM
A lot of Gen IV's Pokemon are...
Eww.
Lickilicky? REALLY!?! THAT THING'S HIDEOUS!

But Garchomp and Weavile are both epic, at least. Good thing they're both worth using, too.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#47Gray_AreasPosted 3/23/2013 1:36:26 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Picard = Janeway > New Kirk > Old Kirk > Black Captain from Deep Space Nine imo

Really? You rank old Kirk higher than Sisko? I mean, neither were the best, but I think Sisko was WAY better than Shatner Kirk. I think Sisko and New Kirk are about the same. And Deep Space Nine had some of the best Star Trek episodes in the entire series. But I like Picard better than all of the other captains. Janeway being a close second.

But I've liked all of the additions in Pokemon. Each Generation is better than the last.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#48CakeOfLiesPosted 3/23/2013 1:39:48 PM
Gray_Areas posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Picard = Janeway > New Kirk > Old Kirk > Black Captain from Deep Space Nine imo

Really? You rank old Kirk higher than Sisko? I mean, neither were the best, but I think Sisko was WAY better than Shatner Kirk. I think Sisko and New Kirk are about the same. And Deep Space Nine had some of the best Star Trek episodes in the entire series. But I like Picard better than all of the other captains. Janeway being a close second.

Oooohhhhhhh. Star Trek!
Picard = Janeway > Everyone else. But I put Sisko above Old Kirk. It was too easy to laugh at Old Kirk. He was too cheesy. Kinda like some of the old Pokemon. (look! I mentioned Pokemon so now this post is on-topic!)
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#49snuffles504Posted 3/23/2013 1:48:51 PM
faruway posted...
I'm tracking this topic to see what all of your opinions on the worst additions.

And whoever say Rhyperior looks ugly because it's a Rhydon eating too much rocks or others, you know nothing about his actual design and where it came from which is actually a miner.

Knowing its origin doesn't make it any less ugly and horrible.

The fact is that Rhyperior literally takes everything that is awesome about Rhydon's design and says "lol nope. You're gonna be a fat dinosaur with no body definition. I'm sure no one will mind if we throw these scraps of armor on there."
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#50wackyteen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:07:27 PM
Furret

Furret is the second best Pokemon ever, good sir
---
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.