This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which generation had the worst additions?

#51CakeOfLiesPosted 3/23/2013 1:12:42 PM
wackyteen posted...
Furret

Furret is the second best Pokemon ever, good sir

Second best to Stunfisk, obviously.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#52wackyteen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 1:14:15 PM

Nah, to Gastrodon
---
The name is wackyteen for a reason. Never doubt.
#53CakeOfLiesPosted 3/23/2013 1:16:33 PM
wackyteen posted...

Nah, to Gastrodon

But...
But...

Sig.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#54faruwayPosted 3/24/2013 7:46:44 AM(edited)
snuffles504 posted...
faruway posted...
I'm tracking this topic to see what all of your opinions on the worst additions.

And whoever say Rhyperior looks ugly because it's a Rhydon eating too much rocks or others, you know nothing about his actual design and where it came from which is actually a miner.

Knowing its origin doesn't make it any less ugly and horrible.

The fact is that Rhyperior literally takes everything that is awesome about Rhydon's design and says "lol nope. You're gonna be a fat dinosaur with no body definition. I'm sure no one will mind if we throw these scraps of armor on there."

But at least Rhydon gets a signature move in its final evo prior Gen 5. Also, ever wonder why Rhyperior always hangs out in a fiery cave with lava in the PokePark series? That explain its design. Anyway, I don't care if anybody ranting about Rhyperior's design or Rhydon doesn't need an evo.

Yeah, sure, all fans wanted older gen pokemon to have a 2nd or 3rd evos in future but when their designs are revealed, they start ranting about and say that the older gen pokemon don't need an evo. *facepalm* I'm sure that this will happen when Gen 6 comes and fans start complaining about that. Can all the fans just accept it that their wish of getting an older gen pokemon an evo already fulfilled? -_-"
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#55iKhanicPosted 3/24/2013 8:09:45 AM
wackyteen posted...
Furret

Furret is the second best Pokemon ever, good sir

Furret is awesome. I just wish it were more useful.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#56MilsoPosted 3/24/2013 8:19:00 AM
iKhanic posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Picard = Janeway > New Kirk > Old Kirk > Black Captain from Deep Space Nine imo

I'm glad someone else likes Janeway. I thought she gets lots of hate.

Any way, 4th gen. it hardly introduced any fire types. Just a dumb line of starters, Heatran, and an uglier version of the ugliest pokemon ever created.

She gets a lot of hate because her character was wildly inconsistent. She made bad choices that nobody was ever allowed to question because she was the Captain and they didn't want to make a female leader seem less capable than Kirk or Picard had been, despite the fact her actions made no sense in the environment they were in. She's a good character, only if you consider her to be a villain.

I agree that the 4th Gen of Pokemon was the worst though. I wouldn't say it was overall bad, but the variety was poor and there was some very odd designs. I especially didn't like that their design choice for all the evolutions of older Pokemon was basically to make them bigger and fatter.

I loved the starters though, I'd say Gen IV probably had the best trio. It's the only time I've really liked all 3 of them.
---
rawr
#57dwdwdw6Posted 3/24/2013 8:48:44 AM
I'm here to fight with everyone over their opinion's and mine.
#58l3igl3ossPosted 3/24/2013 10:06:46 AM
I think each Generation may appeal to different people. I've only played competitively, so all of the extras for exploration, decoration, training, breeding, etc. are out of the equation. Generation 3 was my favourite: aggressive, dynamic, unpredictable, while still unbalanced, but you can never reach for perfect balance, or else you'll be deluded by a meta game that never goes anywhere, like Generation 2 stall-ish one. I'll have to take the plunge into Generation IV now, even if late...
---
This account will cease to exist once Nintendo goes out of business because of the Wii U.
#59snuffles504Posted 3/24/2013 12:36:37 PM
faruway posted...
snuffles504 posted...
faruway posted...
I'm tracking this topic to see what all of your opinions on the worst additions.

And whoever say Rhyperior looks ugly because it's a Rhydon eating too much rocks or others, you know nothing about his actual design and where it came from which is actually a miner.

Knowing its origin doesn't make it any less ugly and horrible.

The fact is that Rhyperior literally takes everything that is awesome about Rhydon's design and says "lol nope. You're gonna be a fat dinosaur with no body definition. I'm sure no one will mind if we throw these scraps of armor on there."

But at least Rhydon gets a signature move in its final evo prior Gen 5. Also, ever wonder why Rhyperior always hangs out in a fiery cave with lava in the PokePark series? That explain its design. Anyway, I don't care if anybody ranting about Rhyperior's design or Rhydon doesn't need an evo.

Yeah, sure, all fans wanted older gen pokemon to have a 2nd or 3rd evos in future but when their designs are revealed, they start ranting about and say that the older gen pokemon don't need an evo. *facepalm* I'm sure that this will happen when Gen 6 comes and fans start complaining about that. Can all the fans just accept it that their wish of getting an older gen pokemon an evo already fulfilled? -_-"

The hate they get doesn't stem from being evos of an older Pokemon; it stems from the way they take the designs of those older Pokemon and throw refuse all over them. This is proven by the fact that not every Gen IV evo gets hate. Personally, I love Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon, Porygon Z, Electivire, Weavile, Honchkrow, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Probopass, and Froslass because their designs sensibly expanded and improved upon the Pokemon they evolved from.

I don't dislike Rhyperior because it evolves from Rhydon. I dislike Rhyperior because it turned Rhydon into a big, shapeless ball of rock.

Milso posted...

I agree that the 4th Gen of Pokemon was the worst though. I wouldn't say it was overall bad, but the variety was poor and there was some very odd designs. I especially didn't like that their design choice for all the evolutions of older Pokemon was basically to make them bigger and fatter.

THANK YOU. Very, very much.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!