This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Fire/Flying a bad type besides SR weakness?

#1iKhanicPosted 3/22/2013 8:59:25 PM
It has two 4x resistances (Bug and grass), Key immunity to Ground, and resistance to fighting.

Why is that such a bad typing? Not just for Charizard, for anything
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2kuwab0Posted 3/22/2013 9:00:42 PM
Stealth rocks.
#3scrappybristolPosted 3/22/2013 9:03:58 PM
I can't figure out who was the better captain, Janeway or Picard.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#4UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/22/2013 9:04:45 PM
For the most part, 4x weaknesses tend to be very bad thing. Rock is a very common offensive type that's widespread as well. I wouldn't say it's a bad type combination, but it has major flaws that need to be overcome.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#5protobakurionPosted 3/22/2013 9:07:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:07:42 PM
UltimaZangetsu posted...
For the most part, 4x weaknesses tend to be very bad thing. Rock is a very common offensive type that's widespread as well. I wouldn't say it's a bad type combination, but it has major flaws that need to be overcome.

4x weaknesses are everywhere though. Tyranitar has it to fighting, Gyarados has it to electric, Swampert has it to grass, Dragonite has it to Ice.

Why does Fire/Flying need a base 680 stat total, an amazing signature move, and Regenerator to overcome?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:09:40 PM
protobakurion posted...
Because a guy by the name of iKhanic keeps talking ABOUT CHARFANBOYIZARD... Seriously though, it gets annoying.
---

You jerks need to quit calling topics that don't explicitly pertain to Charizard fanboy topics. Are you annoyed by legitimate questions about things that pertain to multiple pokemon? FINE, DON'T READ IT, ITS REALLY NOT MY PROBLEM.
---
#8EpsteinBarrPosted 3/22/2013 9:09:59 PM
Before the 4th gen, Fire/Flying had to watch out for Rock Slide, but it wasn't something omg god awful. It was more that water, electric, and rock moves were quite common so it wasn't the most ideal typing. The introduction of Stealth Rock, however, put this typing in the crappers.
#9protobakurionPosted 3/22/2013 9:10:32 PM
iKhanic posted...
protobakurion posted...
Because a guy by the name of iKhanic keeps talking ABOUT CHARFANBOYIZARD... Seriously though, it gets annoying.
---

You jerks need to quit calling topics that don't explicitly pertain to Charizard fanboy topics. Are you annoyed by legitimate questions about things that pertain to multiple pokemon? FINE, DON'T READ IT, ITS REALLY NOT MY PROBLEM.

Hey hey hey... sorry...
---
---
Team Miror B Admin. Official Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
#10protobakurionPosted 3/22/2013 9:13:11 PM
Anyways... On topic...

Entry hazards I have no problem with because of mah Blastoise....
---
---
Team Miror B Admin. Official Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.