This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Fire/Flying a bad type besides SR weakness?

#31BlueGaryOakPosted 3/23/2013 12:16:23 AM
AlI_About_The_U posted...
Sisko.

Nostalgia tells me Picard.

Never watched much of DSN.

I never cared for Picard. His team was better, than him. Trio, Data, and Worf were awesome, and that is it.

DSN was a bunch of... "let's get the minority vote by casting black and latino people.".

Sisko was a darn good captain though.
---
I am ddg
#32nitttPosted 3/23/2013 12:27:46 AM
Other than Stealth Rock, and Stone Edge/Rock Slide being a common attack move found on several offensive sets, and that Terrakion says hi, bottom line is that there really is not a good Fire/Flying Pokemon as of late (that is not Uber).

Personally Stealth Rock (despite what your topic name says) is just the main reason. Doubles up for Bug/Flying, and Bug/Fire (but the only one Pokemon has ridiculous stats). Without Stealth Rocks, Fire/Flying makes for a decent typing, as it does grant ground immunity in place giving it a electric weakness. But that is about it.
---
Recently Finished Game: Ni No Kuni (PS3), The Last Story (Wii)
Current Game: Pandora's Tower (soon) (Wii), TBA (PS3), MH3U (WiiU)
#33TehTrumpCardPosted 3/23/2013 12:35:29 AM
Two Pokemon that are Fire/Flying (Charizard and Moltres) have subpar defensive stats and as such gets hit by a truck by whatever they don't resist whereas the other Fire/Flying mon (Ho-oh) is Ubers not to mention that their typing alone makes sure they take SE damage by 75% of the Dex and everymon and their cousin (the exceptions being Tynamo, Magikarp, and possibly some other Poke I'm forgetting) has Hidden Power which doesn't make things better.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/a8cjh32
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#34AlI_About_The_UPosted 3/23/2013 12:48:19 AM
I never cared for Picard. His team was better, than him. Trio, Data, and Worf were awesome, and that is it.

DSN was a bunch of... "let's get the minority vote by casting black and latino people.".

Sisko was a darn good captain though.

Data and Worf are tops. I liked Picard because I can recall one episode where he was induced into a realistic dream (I think Q caused it, don't remember) and he figured out he was dreaming by using observational skillz like catching Data using an annotation when he normally does not. Also the Picard Song. Damn it I wish I remembered more from that show. Mostly nostalgia. The only other Star Trek I really watched was Voyager and I don't remember liking much of anything from there.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PqS9Duf.jpg
#35NitharadPosted 3/23/2013 1:37:43 AM
It's not "just" SR ... SR is like 50% of your life gone just by entering the Battlefield.
Switch out after that and have no way to clean SR and your Fire/Flying is already counts as dead.